Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I've been rebuilding the top end of my 77 GL1000 and have found lots of good advice on the net. Randakk's site has been great. I've got the carbs apart and found that someone decided #68 Primary jets were the way to go. The stock is a #62. The stock jets were discontinued of course and I haven't been able to find the stock jet without buying a full carb kit. I have Randakk's kit already on the way but it doesn't include any jets. I've already checked the usual suspects on the web, Sirius and others.

Any other ideas? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,848 Posts
imported post

Great resource David, Thank you.

Treefarmer that other thing you can do is shoot Randakk a email and ask him. Often he has spare stuff like that he will let go very reasonably.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

thanks for the info, motorcyclecarbs.com have them but I think their web page is down and I will try again later. Pricey, butthese jets are really hard to find in a stock 62.

Thanks again

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
imported post

Why not fill in with solder and then ream out to the 62 size. Not the beat way but it is an alternative if not able to find.

·
Premium Member
2,848 Posts
imported post

markgaeth wrote:
Why not fill in with solder and then ream out to the 62 size. Not the beat way but it is an alternative if not able to find.
That is fine for Air jets but when working with fuel jets they should really be stock to ensure the flow through the jet is not disturbed.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

I agree that the fuel jets need to be perfect but I am going to try the solder mod on the pilot air jets as recomended by Randakk. I did manage to order the #62 jets from motorcyclecarbs.com. Great email communication by Robert although I'm still choking about having to pay $55 for 4 jets! In his defence they seem to be original Keihin. Thanks for the help Dave0430

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

I was just looking at the motorcyclecarbs.com site and ran across the needle shim washers I was looking for!I'm very impressed. According to his site thejets are authentic Keihin. Nice!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.