Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Red and I drove over Snoqualmie Pass yesterday afternoon to have dinner with my high-achieving son and his lovely girlfriend. Mount Snoqualmie now has a white top, and it rained Monsoon-hard on the other side of the Cascade Crest....

It looks like the La Nina forecasts were spot-on -- a heavy snow year coming, and I need to find my damned ski boots and ski patrol jacket. Although it happens every year, the transition from motorcycle boots to ski boots (and vice versa in the spring) is almost painful for me.....

If there was any justice in the universe, I would live in a place where I could ride my bike to the bottom of the lifts, change from motorcycle boots to ski boots, and experience two of my three passions on the same day!

And there you have it, folks; how the man who has almost everything can still find a reason to complain!!!!!

Lol......

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,238 Posts
imported post

CJ...........I'm sure you can work a few min. in for your third passion, later in the day of course. LOL

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

luddy wrote:
CJ...........I'm sure you can work a few min. in for your third passion, later in the day of course. LOL
I dunno, Luddy.... at my age, I just might nod off, and that would be domestic disaster! Lol....

·
Premium Member
1,238 Posts
imported post

remember the good ole day, "are you sleepin yet" ha ha ha lol..............now a days, "go to bed!" LOL

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
imported post

Now see CJ If you lived in Las Vegas NV. You could ride year round and ride upto MT. Chareston change boots and ski.:ROFL::ROFL::waving::raspberry:

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

That looks like good skiing country CJ.

·
Premium Member
8,242 Posts
imported post

What you need is a second second of studded MC tires for your ST ?

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
imported post

Damn you CJ! ;)

I'm going to turn you in to somebody (don't no who yet)! You are having things just a little to good!

:waving:

·
Anti-Guru
2,711 Posts
imported post

I won't say just how often the 18 miles to Breckenridge is open... at least to the in-town shuttle bus main parking. ;)

Gotta watch the weather though - bike travel can close-off in well under the time it takes to get off the chair and back down.

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

Well CJ...... There is skiing in Las Vegas.....

You can ski, hike or snow board all day and ride the bike back hone in 75 degree weather.

And.... Iffen ya don't mind.....

If Red could get a job on the strip, what would she be doing?????

·
Premium Member
4,212 Posts
imported post

Cousin Jack wrote:
Although it happens every year, the transition from motorcycle boots to ski boots (and vice versa in the spring) is almost painful for me.....
If there was any justice in the universe, I would live in a place where I could ride my bike to the bottom of the lifts, change from motorcycle boots to ski boots, and experience two of my three passions on the same day!
You wouldn't need to change boots if

you added a set of these to your ride. . . :coollep:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
imported post

CJ,

You need to quit WHINING and smell the roses ole son!

Dubs

·
Bringer of Shenanigans
1,031 Posts
imported post

Marcus Bacon wrote:
Now see CJ If you lived in Las Vegas NV. You could ride year round and ride upto MT. Chareston change boots and ski.:ROFL::ROFL::waving::raspberry:
And then run out to what's left of the lake and play in the water the same afternoon.

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

Lol, FM, I'm stealing that photo of a ski/bike! What a great idea!

Dubs: Smell your own roses, old man! Ahahahaha......

Good looking hill, there, Wing10! Is it in Maine?

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
imported post

That's Shawnee Peak Ski area, AKA Pleasant Mt in Bridgton,ME. I learned to ski there way back in the 60's. Also on the National Ski Patrol....

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
imported post

Wing10 wrote:
That's Shawnee Peak Ski area, AKA Pleasant Mt in Bridgton,ME. I learned to ski there way back in the 60's. Also on the National Ski Patrol....
Good for you, Wing10, good for you..... Senior Alpine, National #10902 here (I got a late start!), and I have to say that ski patrol has given me some of my best moments.....

Here's a couple of old guard wrinklies for ya!

That's me on the left and ol' Frank on the right a couple of years ago, I'm now 69 and he's 72....still making turns!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,173 Posts
imported post

I believe you can accomplish that moving to Africa and using Kilimanjaro as your selected ski portal.

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
imported post

I had to give it up several years ago due to a back injury. The back is pretty good now but my knees are going. Boy do I miss it when I see pictures. I haven't figured out why they call these "the golden years"......I'm 68 and still kicking so I guess I can't complain too much..still love the bike..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.