Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
22,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Anybody have a stock GL12 windshield hanging around with the little extensions, and no intention of using it again?

I've lost one of the little oval-head screws from the connector brackets, and you guessed it...they are no longer available.

·
Deceased 1/2017
1,206 Posts
imported post

Which screws are you talking about? I might have what you need if you can give me a better idea as to where they go....?

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
imported post

Hey Dennis I have a stock GL1200 windshield I got off ebay with the stock chrome joiners-is it the screw for those you are referring to?

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
22,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Yeah, there are 4 pieces that hold those side wings on the shield. Each has two small, black screws. One oval head and one flat head. I'm missing the oval head...that's the one that is no longer available, of course.

Here's a pic. Pardon the dirtiness of the bike, I haven't cleaned it since Seattle and there was a lot of rain.

Attachments

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
imported post

Bike...and Dennis wrote:
Yeah, there are 4 pieces that hold those side wings on the shield. Each has two small, black screws. One oval head and one flat head. I'm missing the oval head...that's the one that is no longer available, of course. Here's a pic. Pardon the dirtiness of the bike, I haven't cleaned it since Seattle and there was a lot of rain.
I believe it's a "SCREW, PAN (4X8)" and any small engine shop should have one. If they insist on part numbers try Honda numbers
90013-Z0Z-003
90013-Z3F-003
90013-Z3E-003
or
90013-Z0H-004
I'm not sure which are black or silver.

BTW: You might want to change the title of this thread.:ROFL:

·
Premium Member
2,790 Posts
imported post

should be able to find them in any home depot or lowes in the spec hardware drawers

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
22,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

neoracer wrote:
should be able to find them in any home depot or lowes in the spec hardware drawers
Finding something that works is not a problem...

This will require the correct part.

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
imported post

Bike...and Dennis wrote:
neoracer wrote:
Finding something that works is not a problem...

This will require the correct part.
:?If you find a 4X8mm pan head screw it is the correct part whether it comes in a bag with a Honda label or out of the bin at a hardware store.

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
imported post

I'm surprised you still have the original style windshield.

Seldom seen any more. Most GL-1200s that I find have the Slipstreamers. (Including my own that I just put a new windshield on ).

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
imported post

dennis call 1-925-336-0264 talk to stan, he should have that screw you are looking for, a very nice guy. regards walkabout :smiler:

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
imported post

dennis call 1-925-336-0264 talk to stan, he should have that screw you are looking for, a very nice guy. regards walkabout :smiler:

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
imported post

Bike...and Dennis wrote:
Rob, or Sam...did either of you find one?
Dennis. I have an entire stock windshield complete with chrome joiners and screws. PM me-I am likely not going to use it.

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
imported post

Geese [email protected] ... are you doing a complete numbers specific only on her ?
Any local commercial fastener/hardware parts supplier should stock what you need . If they dont stock it they can order it for you.

·
Dan
46 Posts
imported post

Hey Dennis. I have the screws bracket and wings in the garage. If you need them they are yours. As i was going to dispose of them anyways Let me know.

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
22,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
imported post

Ken Bergen wrote:
machinehead wrote:
Geese [email protected] ... are you doing a complete numbers specific only on her ?
I think you've nailed it,
It's a Honda and only Honda parts will do.
It's a simple matter ofmaintainingthe bike in as close to "as new" condition as possible.

And I do believe that OEM is the best way to achieve that.Besides, amis-matched screw would look really bad and be right in my line of sight.

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
imported post

Bike...and Dennis wrote:
Besides, amis-matched screw would look really bad and be right in my line of sight.
You must have great eyesight as 99.99% of people would not be able to tell which one was a Honda screw and which one came from Ace Hardware.

Anywho it's your bike and your money, do what you want with both.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.