Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

i was sitting in traffic today in the 101 degree heat ( heat index of 110 ) and i noticed my temp going up , i looked at the radiator and the fan isnt running . what will cause this and how to fix ? ...... prob 2 , my hi beam indicator light is not coming on when i turn on my hi beam ?

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
imported post

there is a fan switch on engione, front of mtr, rear of radiator, can be seen fron rite side towards center of mtr. 2 wires going to it! as for the hi beam, would start with checking hi-beam indiacater bulb!

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

how do you get in to check the bulb though ?

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
imported post

go in underneith the light on the dash next to the speedo should be 2 or 3 screws

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
imported post

Greg mentioned the fan thermal switch.. but it also could be a bad fan motor... most likely one or the other..

·
Premium Member
1,049 Posts
imported post

could even be the fuse for the fan, although if the fuse is blown you will want to find out why it blew

·
Premium Member
1,046 Posts
imported post

Do you know where on your temp guage the fan should come on? My 83A has a graphic temp gauge. There are nine blocks that light up as it gets warmer. On the road she will run with five blocks lit up. When traffic is encountered it will go to six and stay there for a while. After a good bit of slow movement #7 will come on and the fan kicks in. These old gals get quite warm before the fan comes on.

·
Registered
819 Posts
imported post

On my 1100 the fan comes on when the gauge is about 1/3 the way up.

On the frontupper right side of the engine just behind the radiator and above the valve cover if you look in there with a flashlight you should see a rubber bootconnecting onto the thermostat housing.Carefully pull the boot off the thermal switch, there should be two connectors in the boot. With the key in the on position take a a short wire and jumper across the connectors if the fan comes on then the thermal switch ismost likely the problem and should be replaced.

Some people have used a Geo metro Thermal switch that cost a lot less than the honda version and some have wired a switch across the connectors to manually turn the fan on.

A lot of info on this issue here.

http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/forum9/38226.html

Peter

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.