Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Where can I find specs for connecting rod length, cam profile details, valve spring pressures, etc...? I've used what I can use out of the manuals (thus far, anyways)..

OR....

If anyone cares to take a look at some of these screenshots and can help fill-in some more accurate info with your known info, that too, would help. I seriously doubt that I'll be tearing a motor down to find them this winter.

Attachments

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
imported post

Attachments

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

Here is a full shot of my last test with erroneous data for input....
If I can get accurate data in to my bottom- and top-end fields, then I can start actually doing some modeling for the intake and then the carburetor.

I can model all aspects, but need data.

HELP!:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

Attachments

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

Some exhaust flow marks...

Attachments

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

Without good data, this is all useless.....

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
imported post

These are some of my results fields with the last test.... So if anyone knows where there are internal hard parts specs... I would really appreciate it. :waving:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,201 Posts
imported post

Wow. Over my head but have you contacted Mother Honda?

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
2,111 Posts
imported post

Wow :shock:is all I can say and very cool!!!! :clapper:Wish I'd studied Math better in school!:(I'm almost afraid to ask, but where can I help? ;):waving:Bob

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
imported post

I want to leave Mother out of this.... Her and I get along fine as is.
Although.... I am a bit of a paranoid (trained for it... so not by nature).

I'm using CBR1000 cam/crank data to fill in the blanks for a simple test...

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
imported post

Hey Bob... morning.

Well... where-ever.

I've got a excellent modeling program that I haven't used in a while. Never intended to use it for the GL, but GSMc got me looking at it again (indirectly) for some concrete analysis of our single manifold issue. I may have the data I need, but it would bepacked-away in Virginia as I haven't moved a houseful of joy out here yet. Looks like late January before I'm ready to "move into" a place I'm buying. Closing for the new place is set for 23 Nov.

Happy-HAPPY ... Joy-JOY!

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
imported post

Stuff... these are blank fields, although some data I have found in the manuals, there may be more that I can calculate and use.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
imported post

Capt, did you get all the data you needed for the computation of which head/cam to use on the 1200? I believe this thread was written around about the end of '09 and begining of '10. I was just reading it, and I remembered an article done by, I'm thinking it was Randakk or a guy that does simular stuff.

This artcle from '09 was on head interchanging between the 1000, 1100, & 1200. Well this part of the thread, any way. The rest was about building up a 1200 to put in a 1000 bike.

Anyway he (Randakk, that is)was saying that he cc'd the stock 1200 heads, then ported the runners. Oh, and he also ported the combustion chambers of the heads before he cc'd them. Well, you could call it porting, but what he acomplished was changing the shape of the chamber to affect the chamber loading and burn.

I'm don't remember if he did this or not, but I know from my hot rod steet racing days that you can also get some worthwhile gains from altering and polishing the piston tops.

I also remember that he had a few thousanths milled off the mating surfaces of the heads, and seeing as the 1200 heads have the largest volume, that would take care of the lower compression ratio problems!

I remember that his end result was a screemin' 1200!!! In fact, if I were to do anything to the engine, but it's your's, not mine, I would start with the cc's of the 1200 heads untill your comprssion ratio was rite around 9.5:1. That way you could still run regular pump gas, and still get a complete burn. I think I have an MSD laing out in the barn that I bought for some vehicle or another, brand new, I think I'll see about putting on my 1200. You can't over state the need for complete combustion burn, and the pattern accross the top of the piston is almost as importent, because from there it goes out the exhaust valve.

So if you can get your intake charge to loadevenly across the piston top, burn evenly across the piton top, then the spent charge to completely evaccuate the cylinder, you've got yourself a very efficient power stroke.

Gads, I forgot how much I LOVED this stuff.

Well good luck w/the project!

Mark, AKA the gingerbreadman

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.