Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
imported post

Well I found another engine on Criagslist going to go pick it up tomorrow. Should have enough parts after I swap the engines to pay for the replacement engine.

Let's hope it all works out.

·
Major Enthusiast
238 Posts
imported post

Good idea.. I think that's an interference motor.. get the cams & the pistons too far out of synch (like a broken cam chain) and the pistons crash the valves, and you've got a forest of junk when you pull the head.

I'd be interested to know..

=Dave=

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
imported post

norton said it best. Sweep the floor and get some clean rags...

CB750 is my third favorite motorcycle in a long list. When the first GL1000 came out people noticed, and sales shifted from the 750 to the goldwing. If I were given a choice of owning one bike, one being a CB750, a good clean '69 Thunderbolt or a good four cylinder wing, I'd have to think on that a while.

Yours is a fine specimen. Very clean.

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
imported post

Well I'll know more after I freshen up the new engine and then tear into the old one ... From the top old engine still looks good ..but there's a lot to look into.

this is what I picked up. Only $50 ....

I'm hoping to have hit the jack pot on it with the price.

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
imported post

Cool! :applause::thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
imported post

Still needs some tweaking .. need to replace some gaskets on the carb. Also need to repair the Starter Clutch as I can here is slip.

I'll have it on the road in a few days.

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

mespock wrote:
Well I'll know more after I freshen up the new engine and then tear into the old one ... From the top old engine still looks good ..but there's a lot to look into.

this is what I picked up. Only $50 ....

I'm hoping to have hit the jack pot on it with the price.
So what did you get for $50? The whole bike?
I saw a post of some guys having a ride cross country on a 500cc or less, for $500 or less purchase and get it running. Some made the ride, others broke down along the way.

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
imported post

I got this engine for $50 ... back in September ... but it has low compression in cylinders 2 and 3. But it sat around for 4 years.

Here is the Donor bike I took the installed engine ..

So I have two engines sitting in my garage now hoping to make a runner out of the pair.

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

Cool.

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
imported post

Repaired the starter clutch today. Getting closer.

·
Premium Member
20,585 Posts
imported post

Congrats Rich! :claps::claps::claps:

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
imported post

Excellent!!!:thumbsup::applause::congrats::applause::thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
imported post

Excellent!!! That brings back the old days....You drag the pegs on that you know your layed over.....

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
imported post

Felt so weird I haven't road a bike other than my wing for a long time ... forgot what it felt like to have the wind beat you up. Bike felt so light ... Can't wait to get more familiar with it.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.