Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I need these 2 caps and 1 clip molding for my 93 GL1500. Please contact me if you have these available. Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,382 Posts
imported post

Cyclemax Ohio has them in Chrome IIRC.

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
imported post

IMO I would just go with new parts instead of trying to locate used (if this is what you're doing) . You can get the fairingcovers in chrome from Cyclemax for $5.00 a pair (part # B2-458) and the molding clip for $4.50 (p# H81247-MN5-000). Or you can order from Honda in the color you want for $8.00 - $9.00 a piece for the covers. Unless you know the color name you'll have to get the code from under the fuel door. If you have a color and want to go new and need a P# let me know and I'll give you the Honda number. It's been my experience that the fairing cover tend to want to fall off after a few removals. This is why I would go with new.

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

unclet1 wrote:
IMO I would just go with new parts instead of trying to locate used (if this is what you're doing) . You can get the fairingcovers in chrome from Cyclemax for $5.00 a pair (part # B2-458) and the molding clip for $4.50 (p# H81247-MN5-000). Or you can order from Honda in the color you want for $8.00 - $9.00 a piece for the covers. Unless you know the color name you'll have to get the code from under the fuel door. If you have a color and want to go new and need a P# let me know and I'll give you the Honda number. It's been my experience that the fairing cover tend to want to fall off after a few removals. This is why I would go with new.
PERFECT!! I will contact Cyclemax! Thank you for that info! :bow:

·
Honda Guru
2,053 Posts
imported post

You'll also need the special screw (Honda calls it a 'bolt') that goes into the piece…. the one shown in the pic looks to be a 'standard' phillips screw.

The one you need has a projected head that the plastic cover fits onto and holds tight
BOLT (5X16)
90125-MT2-000

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Dang...I should have never went to that web site! I found way too many things that I just HAD to have!! :doh:

·
Bruce County Boy/Snowbird
1,707 Posts
imported post

CBH wrote:
Dang...I should have never went to that web site! I found way too many things that I just HAD to have!! :doh:
Yup..Thats what happens at Cyclemax..Lots of neat stuff...:action:

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
imported post

A dab of silicone on the bolt head before installing the plastic caps will keep them in place and will allow for removal when necessary.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.