Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Ok well ive down loaded the new up date for the IPhone and I took some pic's of a repair I did on my bike , I would like to know how to down load pic's to thewebsight . Any help would be appreciated!

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
imported post

the best way (not only way) is to go to your gallery and upload to it then start a thread and use the "G" button to pull from gallery

·
Bringer of Shenanigans
1,031 Posts
imported post

Photobucket works pretty good. I don't think you can upload your pictures from your phone directly to the forum gallery.

·
Senior Moment Member
3,707 Posts
imported post

DrAce51 wrote:
Ok well ive down loaded the new up date for the IPhone and I took some pic's of a repair I did on my bike , I would like to know how to down load pic's to thewebsight . Any help would be appreciated!
You can install several apps that will allow you to upload the pictures to photohosting website like Picassa, Photobucket, Flicker Etc. Then after you have uploaded them you will need to resize them before linking to them for displaying on this site. Most of the photohosting websites have the ability to resize the photo's or simply link to a reduced size copy.

With my wife's iPhone we simply connect the phone to the computer and use windows explorer to copy the photo's off the phone to the computer. I then upload them to whatever site I want them on after I have resized them.

Henry

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

Hanko wrote:
DrAce51 wrote:
You can install several apps that will allow you to upload the pictures to photohosting website like Picassa, Photobucket, Flicker Etc. Then after you have uploaded them you will need to resize them before linking to them for displaying on this site. Most of the photohosting websites have the ability to resize the photo's or simply link to a reduced size copy.

With my wife's iPhone we simply connect the phone to the computer and use windows explorer to copy the photo's off the phone to the computer. I then upload them to whatever site I want them on after I have resized them.

Henry
Thanks for the reply ! I kind of thought thats what I had to do , I just thought there was an easer way . Thanks ! I'll give it a try and see what happens . What apps would you suggest ?

·
Senior Moment Member
3,707 Posts
imported post

It's hard telling someone else what they will like or not since there are quite a few available options. I suggest you try out a few of the photo hosting sites for yourself and their available iOS apps.

Here is one example for "Flickr" which has a 200 photo limit for the free account. After you have uploaded the photo to Flickr you can surf to the Flickr website and then link to the photo from there. You can actually copy the code directly from there for use in posting the photos. It also allows you to select the image size you want to link to. You can see below I had select the 500 x 333 pixel size. You may need to edit the code by only copying the data after the img src=" This is the section I copied from the flickr site to get this image to appear here

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8284/7798482986_34e9c30ef5.jpg

Then click on the insert image icon in the edit screen and paste the information into the pop up window.

Attachments

·
Senior Moment Member
3,707 Posts
imported post

Even easier is to just copy the photo's onto our PC/Mac by connecting the iPhone via its USB cable and then edit them on your Computer.

A free and very good photo editing software program is called "GIMP" GNU Image Manipulation Program. You can get it here --->>> GIMP

It is similar to Photoshop but free and available for many platforms including PC, MAC, Linux etc.

There are other options but this one once learned works great.

Henry

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.