Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have a GL 1200 I want to put a I pod dock on it , Can this be done and how ?:baffled:

Dusty

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
imported post

What I did was go to Walmart and buy an adaptor that looks like a casette tapewith a wire comming out of it. The wire plugs into the earjack on the Ipod. Costs about 10 bucks sounds great.:cool:

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

I have one of those but my tape deck head dose not work :(

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
imported post

i keep my ipod on the grove box. and wired a remote control to the handlebar. im going to rewire the buttons of my remote control somewhere on my fairing soon.

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
imported post

Yes, I second the use of the FM modulator. If you can, find one that is inline. It is a bit more expensive than the transmitter type, but the sound quality will be much better. The inline modulators are wired between the radio and the antenna cable and most of them actually disengage the antenna when powered on.

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
imported post

iJet (and similar)remotes are great to control your ipod if you have to mount the ipod out of reach. FM transmitters are good but can be over run by local stations that are more powerfull. I either used a cassett adapter or added an AUX connection. Velcro is about the best to mountto the dash. Many squeeze mounts are not strong enough and the pricy player can pop out.

http://www.theistore.com/remotes_and_docks?model_id=0

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
imported post

I fitted an inline FM modulator to my 1500 and it works great, have never experienced any interference. I keep my ipod on the right hand fairing pocket put it on shuffle play and away you go.

Terry

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.