Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The seller said he was selling due to illness. They must be sick if they think it will ever sell at that price

Reactions: SIDECAR RICH

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,154 Posts
yup, unless "Rio Linda" in out of the USA, that is nearly 4 times the current going rate....

·
Registered
456 Posts
Joe isn't Rio Linda out on ave 7 . Goldwings cost more in the country. That is a clean looking 1500 and they might be starting high so they can come down a bit.LOL

·
Premium Member
2012 GL1800
528 Posts
He just wants to recoup the money he bought it for. Even 2003's don't go for that price.

·
Premium Member
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have seen so many 1500 wings going for over $4000, none that I have asked about even has the timing belts changed. I would never pay that much for a 1500 wing but just curious about how many have ever changed the timing belts.
here look at these.

·
Administrator
26,539 Posts
I have seen so many 1500 wings going for over $4000, none that I have asked about even has the timing belts changed. I would never pay that much for a 1500 wing but just curious about how many have ever changed the timing belts.
here look at these.
Just unrealistic expectations. Some may get lucky and find a gullible buyer but most people these days do some research, I think. At least anyone buying anything from me seems to know the going price.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
What did the 1500 cost new?

·
Registered
456 Posts
I always wonder when a 1993 GL 1500 has 38,000 miles on it, they can't all be left in the garage and not ridden more then that. Somebody might be setting the speedo back a few miles. Plus the speedo runs about 4% fast . Mine says 65 mph and the speed traps say 61 mph I guess a lot of folks don't ride like I do but at 2500 miles a year a 1995 wing would have 62,000 miles on it. Just my own thinking. Pure Texas my 1985 LTD cost $10,000 new and that was a lot for the times. I bought it used in 2014 for $2,400 and it had 48,000 miles on it. The guy had 7 motorcycles and just keep them in a barn. He thought his Harley was the best bike ever so the others did not get ridden much. My thought is some people are not always honest about mileage.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Jerry,I had an 85,put 125000 miles on it in 5 years and a trash truck pulled out in front of me and totaled it,all was left not damaged was left saddle bag and rear wheel,did pay 10000

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,756 Posts
I always wonder when a 1993 GL 1500 has 38,000 miles on it, they can't all be left in the garage and not ridden more then that. Somebody might be setting the speedo back a few miles. Plus the speedo runs about 4% fast . Mine says 65 mph and the speed traps say 61 mph I guess a lot of folks don't ride like I do but at 2500 miles a year a 1995 wing would have 62,000 miles on it. Just my own thinking. Pure Texas my 1985 LTD cost $10,000 new and that was a lot for the times. I bought it used in 2014 for $2,400 and it had 48,000 miles on it. The guy had 7 motorcycles and just keep them in a barn. He thought his Harley was the best bike ever so the others did not get ridden much. My thought is some people are not always honest about mileage.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not if you are running a "certain" brand tire on the front wheel. I ran five sets of those tires on my GL1500. .

I know from personal experience.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Was thinking what the owner wanted was close to new price

Reactions: AZgl1800

·
Registered
39 Posts
Anyone crazy enough to give $9,500 for a 27 year old Gold Wing better have that money saved up somewhere, beause no bank is going to loan out anywhere close to that amount. Anyone that has that money saved up didn`t get it by being reckless."A fool and his money are soon parted"
gumbyredd.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,154 Posts
Banks will not loan money on USED bikes, period.

·
Registered
1993 GL1500 Aspy 1980 GL1100 STD
862 Posts
Here's what Kelley Blue Book shows for a '93 Aspy Typical listing price and Trade-in Value. $9500 is WAY out of line.
There is only ONE GL1500 listed statewide in Craigslist today, not surprising considering the season. It is a red 2000 SE for $4995 at a consignment shop.

Think you can get loans on a Bike, at least newer ones, A buddy of mine was helping his girlfriend sell a late model Harley Trike, her husband had passed away and she was having to make monthly payments on it. Unknown if it was purchased new, though.

I've never taken a loan on a bike, in fact the '93 at $4800 four yrs ago is the first bike I've owned that cost more than the $500 I gave for my non-running 1100 (plus another $500 to get it running right after sitting with "fuel" in it for 10 yrs) or the $100 I gave for my '77 GL1000 (I drove that one home but it needed a LOT of work, mostly cosmetic, it was UGLY)

I've always figured if you need a loan to buy a bike, then you don't need the bike.

Reactions: mophead and DBohrer

·
Registered
456 Posts
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not if you are running a "certain" brand tire on the front wheel. I ran five sets of those tires on my GL1500. .

I know from personal experience.
What tire do you run that fixes the speedo?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi there - Seasons greetings from the Antipodes !
I have a 1997 SE1500 with a genuine 32098 mls on it -is in pristine condition. I bought it off of an older gentleman with full documented service history (complete with hand written notes!) original service book, toolkit etc.
She's a big girl and my sweetheart loves her armchair!
Have a safe and enjoyable Xmas and let's all have a hell of a much better New Year (y)

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Avon......
Have Avon’s front and rear on my 1500,front is a Radial,best handling combination I’ve had on this bike.

·
Official "Cheeky Plonker"
1,211 Posts
I've said this before and I'll say it again, the only thing that's changed is the amount of money that I've put into it and right now I'm guessing it's about 30 grand.

When my kids try to sell my 82 GL1100 someone is gonna offer them a grand, if they're lucky.

Rebuilding a Goldwing is a hobby, not a money making exercise..

Reactions: DaveO430
1 - 20 of 24 Posts