Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
26,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought this Ruger speed 6 from a friend Saturday. Took it out and fired it a little that afternoon then loaded some rounds specifically for it this morning and took it & my S&W model 28 out and fired 50 rounds between them. I got to say I prefer to shoot the Ruger even with it's 2 3/4" barrel and small grip compared to the full size grip & 4" barrel on the Smith. Better double action trigger pull even though I did some polishing on the S&W action to improve it. I wish the little revolver had adjustable sights though, it shoots a little to the right. But I have had to adjust the sights on everything I have with iron sights because they all started shooting to the right. My eyes have changed in the last couple years.
speed6.jpg

Reactions: Pwhoever

·
Registered
2003 GL1800A
552 Posts
If they're all doing it, it sounds like too much trigger finger.

·
Administrator
26,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,154 Posts
I can't see good enough to use iron sights anymore.
so, unless it has a scope on it, I am done for.

·
Pwhoever
3,182 Posts
I actually started using protective glasses with the little magnifiers on the bottom. I had found ones that had them on the top (SSP Eyewear) but they were placed in towards the nose. This is a problem because I'm cross eye dominant. If they were in the top center, that would be better. I did bring this suggestion up to them but they dismissed me and downplayed the number of cross eye dominant shooters. So I began playing around with the magnifiers on the lower part. It takes a bit of getting used to but has helped. The key is to use a magnifier that is 1.0 power less than readers you use if you do. I need 2.50 for reading and then 1.50 for shooting. Accidentally, I discovered that this also helps when driving. I have a set of sunglasses with them as well and while driving, it makes it a lot easier to see the gauges as well as the radio/nav screen. Same when riding the trike.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,154 Posts
your vision is a lot like mine, 2.5 or 2.75 depending on the distance that I want to see clearly at.

I am 20/20 at a far distance due to new Cataract lenses.... which do not correct for astigmatism....
the docs warned me about trying to have the Cataract lenses carved with astigmatism in them...

our eyes constantly change over time, and that would make new prescriptions very difficult.

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Try a set of "double dees"

·
Premium Member
3,785 Posts
The "old" 6 Series Rugers have always been good shooters for me. Sorry I never picked up a Speed 6 over the years. I like my current SP-101, but the weight difference and five round capacity have made a lot of guys hungry for the older guns...

·
Registered
156 Posts
Yeah, that six line is my favorite revolver. I have a several Security Six, two Police Service Six and one Speed Six in different barrel lengths. Very good shooters, every one. Also have the newer LCRX but it doesn't compare to the Sixes. Entirely different revolver. Have good!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts