Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I am sovery grateful to be able to ride. To ride in the area I am riding in. To have a wife that, if she doesnt understand, at least grants me the freedom to ride.

My problem, with my attitude, is that I have to get off the bike, and I almost feel sad that I cant continue on. I should look at the ride as a total blessing, revel in the freedom, and get off knowing that I had those miles of pleasure-renewed till the next ride.

I shouldnt get off and pout, cuz I had to quit. Pouting cuz you have to go in is for 6 year old boys that are called home when the streetlights come on, just as your game of hide and seek really gets going.

My 20 mile commute today clocked in at 65 miles.

Later all.

:cool:

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
imported post

no the feeling well!

went to put bike away today decided to go round the block first,

ended up doing 75 miles!

tomorrow a choice----- do i stay home and cut the grass? or go to finland:stumped:
:cooldevil:
bill57

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
imported post

Just means you got motorcycle oil running in your veins like the rest of us, I ride 70 mile round trip to work every day and when I have to take the cage I hate it! Live to Ride and Ride To Live! Just think about all the others that never been on a bike and don't know what they are missing. My Mom who just turned 73 told me a couple of months ago that she wants to take a ride on my wing. She's sticking to it so far. She lives in the city so I have to drive her to my place in the country to give her a ride. By the way she has never had a drivers license.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

tpwood wrote:
Just means you got motorcycle oil running in your veins like the rest of us, I ride 70 mile round trip to work every day and when I have to take the cage I hate it! Live to Ride and Ride To Live! Just think about all the others that never been on a bike and don't know what they are missing. My Mom who just turned 73 told me a couple of months ago that she wants to take a ride on my wing. She's sticking to it so far. She lives in the city so I have to drive her to my place in the country to give her a ride. By the way she has never had a drivers license.
Is this amazing mother of yours, on the front seat or rear??:shock:If it's the front, what happened to the well documented advice about starting small?:baffled:If it's the rear, then what a treat for both of you, she fullfils a dream and you get to spend some quality time with mum!! My ex mother in law liked to go out on the back, but my mumand dad, in their 80s wouldn't go near it. My mother thinks I am crazy at my age, riding big bad motorbikes!

It is great to hear of this and i hope you are making the most of your time together, as time is something we don't have limitless quantities of!

Pete

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
imported post

ThanK You! It is the rear seat:shock: she will be on. Yeah it suprised the heck out of me when she told me. It happened when I took her out on her birthday this past May. She has always loved Jaguars, so I rented a XJ8 for the day and took her out in it. It was brand new with 10 miles on it and I returned it with 489 miles on it. She loved it and I sure didn't mind driving a 62K car. By the way I was totally impressed by the Jaguar. But that's getting off the subject! Yes I do have a great relationship with my Mom!

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Maybe she will get really keen and buy you an 1800 for your birthday!:goofygrin:

My cousin ( he's the rich one in the family) has an XK8, nice motor, but I still wouldn't swap it for my Wing!!

Keep taking mum out, what better excuse do you need to go ride!!!

Pete

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
imported post

Unfortunately, she's on a limited budget but she did tell me that I could use the life insurance policy to partly pay for a new one, but I told her that I would rather have her that the bike. But when it eventually happens (and I hope not soon) I will put a saying on the back of the bike, I already told her I would put "Thanks Mom". She got a kick out of that! I don't have that kind of money to spend on any car but Hertz in the states make it nice to rent the Jag for only 129 a day unlimited milage. I guy like me would never have that opurtunity to drive something that nice, it shifted like silk. Your right I wouldn't trade it for 2 wheel!:waving:

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

Go to "finland" to look at new lawn mowers!:baffled:

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
imported post

I'm very lucky, not only does my wife love to ride on the back of the wing,she also rides her own (non wing, please forgive her):p, so she knows you got to scratch that riding itch. On top of that my mom likes to go for rides, now if I could get Dad to get on the wing.:clapper:

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

OK, what's the wife riding?!:baffled:

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
imported post

wingdawg101 wrote:
OK, what's the wife riding?!:baffled:
Vulcan 1500 She loves it, I think itis about the most uncomfortable thing on 2 wheels. I guess I'm just spoiled.

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
imported post

I know just what you mean. We (my wife and I ) took our bikes (she has a fazer) out for a short test ride tonight after I got the brakes fixed and 2 1/2 hours later we are still on the road:clapper: Hated to have to come home

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.