Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

It was near my house. I saw this Harley going the opposite direction so I put up my hand to wave. Hmm, I don't think he waved back. I didn't notice because I was taken aback by his trailer.

Try to create a mind picture here.

He was pulling this flatbed trailer (fairly large for a motorcycle to be pulling, I thought). On his trailer were three drum-like containers. They had flat bottoms so they didn't roll. Cut into the top of each was a hole. Sticking out of each hole was a fairly large dog. Three holes = three dogs. When I waved, all three dogs started barking at me.

I wish I had a picture to post. If I see him again, I'm pulling over to get a photo. I found it hilarious. Maybe it's just me. Thought I had to tell someone.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,798 Posts
imported post

Darn cameras are never up and ready to shoot when you need them :whip:

Hope you get a chance to take a photo of that rig.

·
Premium Member
4,472 Posts
imported post

Sounds like that would be hilarious to see!:D I do hope you can get a picture next time.

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
imported post

Moneyguy, obviously you're not aware of the new Harley Davidson secondary vehicle drive system. It is a new and very expensive system now offered strictly toHarley riders that was generations in the making.

In the case of a breakdown the HD is placed on the flatbed trailer, the harnessing that hold the drums on the trailer are quickly and easily (by Harley standards) converted into harnesses that attach to the trained sled dogs. One of the drums is then used a leaking fluid collector in accordance to EPA, FTC and ASPCA regulations. The second drum converts into a carriage for the driver and the third is there just to keep the system from looking tacky.

Your not being aware of this is understandable as it is just coming out of the prototype stage. It should have been out years ago, but The system that operates it was designed by windows and and the fleas from the sled dogs were causing bugs in the system.

·
Premium Member
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

Ha, it never occurred to me that the dogs were there to pull the Harley when the inevitable mechanical breakdown occurs. I'm sure this trailer is like any other Harley device - prohibitively expensive and itself subject to mechanical failure. Thanks for enlightening me, oh wise one.

:D

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
imported post

Yeah, there was a lot of research on the proper dogs to pull it. They tried shepards, but they kept attacking the rider, they found that african hyenas did the best, but they felt that they were laughing more than usual.

I guess there are a variety of breeds available and have found the most popular to be retreivers and pomeranians.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.