Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Ok, at least he gave a location where it's at, and quoted a $6200.00 min bid.

"Serious inquiries only, please dont waste my time coming to look if you are not ready to purchase a bike."

Sounds like at least it can be seen, so maybe legit, or not ? But he also has zero feedback.

Just out of curiosity, what does everyone think would be a fair price ?

·
Premium Member
2,163 Posts
Ok, at least he gave a location where it's at, and quoted a $6200.00 min bid.

"Serious inquiries only, please dont waste my time coming to look if you are not ready to purchase a bike."

Sounds like at least it can be seen, so maybe legit, or not ? But he also has zero feedback.

Just out of curiosity, what does everyone think would be a fair price ?
Check again. He supposedly has already accepted two bids. And there is NO minimum, and no reserve has been set.
Check this....http://classybike.com/101647

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I reported before I posted here. Clearly fraud. No way does someone sell a 20+K bike for a quarter of that.

common sense.

·
Senior Moment Member
3,707 Posts
The Classy Bike Listing indicates the owner lives in Carmichael, CA. However the E-Bay listing indicates Lakewood, WA. Looking at the pictures I don't believe Carmichael has the type of tree's in the background.....but Lakewood does.

If someone is really interested in the bike and if it is in Lakewood, WA I live less than 15 minutes from there. I'd be happy to inspect it for someone if it is not a scam.

Henry

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
I'm the current high bidder.

·
Premium Member
2,163 Posts
I reported before I posted here. Clearly fraud. No way does someone sell a 20+K bike for a quarter of that.

common sense.
In the classy ad, it says 42,000 miles. In the Lakewood ad, it says 21,000.
Did they drive it backwards to Washington? Oh, wait. It came on a trailer, didn't it!:readit:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
Anytime you see. "contact me before bidding" means it's a scam. If you do contact him you'll find out he wants to deal outside eBay. Makes it extremely difficult to track him once the sucker has sent some deposit money. That kind of scam has been common for many years now. I also reported it.

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
eBay listing is now removed.

Darn!! I almost had a Sidecar rig and great trailer!! Hahaha.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.