Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I purchased a new rear tire for my Harley Dyna and it does not fit under the fender. I found out it is OEM on a GL1800. The tire is a METZLER ME880, 180/60HR-16 and I would like to sell it. It has never been mounted on a rim. This is a premium, high mileage radial tire that is speed rated. MSRP is $285. I will sell it for $200 and that will include shipping. I can email pictures. I have the receipt for when I purchased it. Pass the word and help out a fellow biker. Thank you.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

First off welcome to the site!

Whycouldn't you just return for an exchange probably best thing for you, just mho.

Ride Safe, Ray

:action:

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Thanks for the tip, Ray, but I bought the tire as a closeout and the vendor will not take it back.

JR.

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Wont be many takers for a metzler ,, not a great tire on the 1800 ,You may find the tire is an old one that was lying around in the dealers shop,if you check the year on the side of it ,Ciaran

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
imported post

wexy wrote:
Wont be many takers for a metzler ,, not a great tire on the 1800 ,You may find the tire is an old one that was lying around in the dealers shop,if you check the year on the side of it ,Ciaran
What you talking about Wexy??:shock:

IMHO,:action: these are a great tire for the 1800!:action:

I've had a few on my previous 1800 and had great sucess with them.

What burns my onions is when a couple go bad and the rest are deemed a lousy tire from then on out..

Personally, I don't like the Dunlop E3's but others love them.

Oh well to each their own.. Have a great day!:waving:

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

I still have the tire and its starting to collect dust. I let it go for $150 and that includes shipping in the USA. It's a good opportunity. I just bought another ME880 of a 150 size that fits my Harley perfectly. I've been told that with normal riding you can get 15K miles from this tire. Sounds good to me. Send me an email. Thanks.

JR

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
imported post

I still think the old E 2's were the best.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.