Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
61,401 Posts
imported post

In it's day that bike was the fastest production bike in the US.. They're a rocket ship even by today's standards..
I had 2 mags the smaller 750s, great bikes..The 86 was shaft drive and the 99 was chain.. The only draw back was the small fuel capacity.. 3.5 gallons about 100/125 miles and you'd better be looking at a gas station.........

·
Premium Member
2,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

I've ridden a couple of the Magna 1100s, and that power is incredible. The riding position is quite nice, too - for a performance machine.

I just can't imagine how one would run with a blower on it. I wonder how much boost it's set for. Too bad the pics are so lousy.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,657 Posts
imported post

My son had a 750 magna, we both loved it. Just isn't our idea of a touring machine though.

·
Premium Member
61,401 Posts
imported post

Both bikes I had were very comfortable.. The 86 had like extended forks..The bars were close in and the seat lay back.. At very slow speed you had to pay attention.. The 99 was easy to scrape on hard turns.. It felt a little lower to the ground.. They were both blast to ride...

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
imported post

Yup,

And the V65 Sabre was the sport bike version. That was a really nice looking bike. Could also be had with a sport fairing (shown below) and some small hardsaddlebags (not shown). Better riding position as well. Nice bike.

Attachments

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

I put a lot of miles on my brother's V65 Magna. Fun bike for sure.

John

·
Premium Member
1,847 Posts
imported post

not sure on these but a friend of mine has a V max with a super charger on, he says its a case of hang on

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
imported post

some of the 750's had problems getting oil up to the top. Fer sure on the sabers, Motorcycle Pete can tell you all about that... There was a retro kit put out to correct it. I dont know if the 1100's have the same issues, though. I would think that kinda HP and oil problems makes a bad combination...

·
Premium Member
2,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

Some 1100s had top-end oiling issues. There was a drilled bolt, or some kind of relatively easy fix, IIRC. I think the big deal with the 1100s was the second gear synchro blowing out when they were ridden hard incorrectly.

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
imported post

I always wanted a V65 or a Night Hawk..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.