Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

I think I'm finished !!!!

2K views 22 replies 15 participants last post by  SpiderBob 
#1 ·
imported post

I believe I have done just about all of the necessary rejuvenation of my 82 Interstate

If any of you believe I've missed anything please advise.

Rebuilt and syncedcarbs

Rebuilt starter

replaced timing belts

replaced fork seals

replaced all brake hoses

replaced all pads

rebuilt calipers

replaced Radiator hoses and cleaned radiator

spark plugs

flushed motor twice and replaced oil and filter

replaced air filter and gaskets

rebuilt petcock

removed and inspected all fairings

checked all wire connections and fuses

replaced tires

lubed shaft etc.

greased axles

I think that's it !!!

See less See more
#4 ·
imported post

Yeah I really can't wait to this bike on the road. I had 7days off recently and the parts just seemed to come in at just the right time. My wife was ready to have me committed for workin 12 hrs. a day on it but I know she'll appreciate the effort when shes giving everyone the Queen Of England wave as we ride by.

#5 ·
imported post

Sounds like you're ready for a maiden voyage Artmann......operating cables are smooth and lubed? Get on that dog and make it whine. You are at the same stage of ressurection I was last year........ ran my bike one season and the dang waterpump went down on me. You'll be just fine friend............. enjoy.

#10 ·
imported post

What....no paint job???

#11 ·
imported post

Your forgot one every important thing. Fuel.

#13 ·
imported post

No paint job necessary. The skins on this bike were immaculate Wineberry Red. It sat for 15 years under a flannel lined cover so this was purely a mechanical remake. Everything is original and I rebuilt whatever I could. One exception are the brake lines I did have new stainless ones made. Amazingly the CB, intercom, cassette player and radio all operate perfectly. Best $700.00 bucks I ever spent on a bike. Oh almost forgot the $1000.00 in parts and labor.

#17 ·
imported post

Yes I'm trying to get my daughter to put them up here. I am upload challenged. It'll be soon.

#18 ·
imported post

Yes I'm trying to get my daughter to put them up here. I am upload challenged. It'll be soon. Wash ! hell it rains every day here in So Fl. I still haven't dried out from the weekend !!!!

#19 ·
imported post

Welcome to the forum From Long Island N.Y.I also had a Kawi Vulcan great bike!!

#22 ·
imported post

artmann wrote:
Yes I'm trying to get my daughter to put them up here. I am upload challenged. It'll be soon. Wash ! hell it rains every day here in So Fl. I still haven't dried out from the weekend !!!!
Make a photobucket page it is so simpel to use and so easy to share the pic's

#23 ·
imported post

You do realize that once you are finished, you ride it. Have you done that yet? And once you ride it, it's time to start over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.