Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Administrator
24,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I decided to give a bone cracker a try. Went Wednesday and he did some twisting and pulling and hammering and yesterday it was worse than ever. Went back today and he did less adjusting and used lasers on me, I thought then 'this is quackery' but turns out by googling it it's legitimate. I'm a little better but don't know if it's the treatment or if I'm just getting better.

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
My back is a mess too. But, I had a chiropractor tell me over 30 years ago, that unless I exercise and strengthen those muscles I could undo all the adjusting that he just did getting back into the car. I have dutifully stuck with his advice all these years.

My youngest son has helped me a great deal with shoulders that are less than perfect as well through exercise and weights.

By the grace of God of course, I feel good. Working out right now...

·
Administrator
24,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I gave up on the chiropractor & started using my neck stretcher rig, didn't use it while I was going to the . It does seem to be helping. Went for a short ride a few days ago and did OK. Going to give a try at a longer ride tomorrow since it's supposed to be a really nice day.

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
658 Posts
Dave, I'm getting out early every morning to the local community center. I spend about 30 minutes on an elliptical machine then about 15 minutes working weight machines for upper body strength. At our age it is prudent to work with a weight we can do 15-20 times(repetitions). Can't say enough about how much it has helped.

Regarding the weights, it is very important to work to strengthen both sides of a joint. Doing only one can make things worse. For example, if doing set ups, then also need to do back extensions. That is a little difficult without a machine that is set up for it.

·
Administrator
24,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Dave, I'm getting out early every morning to the local community center. I spend about 30 minutes on an elliptical machine then about 15 minutes working weight machines for upper body strength. At our age it is prudent to work with a weight we can do 15-20 times(repetitions). Can't say enough about how much it has helped.

Regarding the weights, it is very important to work to strengthen both sides of a joint. Doing only one can make things worse. For example, if doing set ups, then also need to do back extensions. That is a little difficult without a machine that is set up for it.
Good advise.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Google
Chiropractic Activator.

I get weekly adjustments. They keep me mobile!
BTDT with the other methods,that just didn't help my back.

Does the activator chiropractic method work?
The Activator is FDA approved. Prior to its approval, the theory and function of the device was researched for more than 30 years. It was then tested on numerous individuals with back and neck pain for 15 years. It was found to be safe and effective for performing chiropractic adjustments.

·
Administrator
24,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
The quack used that and an electric hammer on me. May be legitimate but it did nothing in my case. The only thing he did that made a difference he wouldn't continue with. If he fixed me I wouldn't have to go back 3 times a week.

·
Administrator
58,176 Posts
Dave,

I have been going to chiropractors for 50 years.
I have observed a lot of Quacks for sure, the worst one was in Lovington, NM.
That SOB fixed what was wrong, and then maladjusted me in a different place that would not show up for a few days..... this is because it takes a while for the muscles to keep trying to "adjust" to proper alignment. it took 3 trips for me to catch on.
then I hit him with a threat of a Lawsuit, and told him, you damn well better fix it right today, or I am going to sue you..... he did, and I never went back.

Over the years, a few "Mr. Magic Fingers" still rise to the top of my memory banks.
One was in ABQ, NM and he was 80 y/o at the time I was visiting him.... he was a miracle worker, and never, ever, maladjusted me.

I currently visit a small lady doc, she is excellent with the highest morals. never, ever, does anything wrong.... she does, like all of them, "encourage more treatments", and I just tell her "Look, I can't keep your wallet full even with insurance, so just fix it right, and I will be back when/if I need you again..." bless her soul, she is a lover, and hugger.... always glad to see me back, and remembers my family and asks about them.

·
Administrator
24,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I have been hearing about the "machines" that you lean over and they stretch your spine, while you are hanging upside down. never bought one, but the 'idea' seems very plausible to me.
You mean an inversion table? I have one and it does work for lower back pain. Between it and the neck traction thing I think I can take care of things myself.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts