Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

'Geezers' are easy to spot: At sporting events, during the playing of the Star Spangled BANNER. Old Geezers remove their caps and stand at attention and sing without embarrassment. They know the words and believe in them.

Old Geezers remember the Depression, World War II, Pearl Harbor , Guadalcanal, Normandy and Hitler. They remember the Atomic Age, the Korean War 1950-55, The Cold War, the jet age and the moon landing, the 50 plus Peacekeeping Missions from 1945 to 2005 the Jet Age and the Moon Landing, not to mention Vietnam.

If you bump into an Old Geezer On the sidewalk he will apologize. If you pass an Old Geezer on the street, he will nod or tip his cap to a lady. Old Geezers trust strangers and are courtly to women. Old Geezers hold the door for the next person and always, when walking, make certain the lady is on the inside for protection. Old Geezers get embarrassed if someone curses in front of women and children.

Old Geezers have moral courage. They seldom brag unless it's about their grandchildren.

It's the Old Geezers who know our great country is protected, not by politicians, but by the young men and women in the military serving their country.

This country needs Old Geezers with their decent values.

We need them now more than ever.

Thank God for Old Geezers!

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
imported post

Amen:1000red:

·
Bruce County Boy/Snowbird
1,707 Posts
imported post

Man I am glad I am an Ol Geezer...

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
imported post

I resemble that and proud I do.

·
Premium Member
61,458 Posts
imported post

I must have been a Old Geezer all my life.........

·
Old School Guru
7,887 Posts
imported post

I resemble being a Old Geezer!:claps::claps::claps:

Gene:action:

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
imported post

Foodman wrote:
I must have been a Old Geezer all my life.........
I, like many of you here, was raised to be an old geezer. My grandfather was one and raised my father and his grandchildren to be one as well.

I will remain an old geezer if for no other reason than pure fear. I have no doubt that if I were not, grampa would fight old Saint Peter himself to come back and kick my @$$.

Just to be honest, I copied that post and sent if off to a few friends.

·
Premium Member
1,591 Posts
imported post

"They remember the Atomic Age, the Korean War 1950-55, The Cold War, the jet age and the moon landing, the 50 plus Peacekeeping Missions from 1945 to 2005 the Jet Age and the Moon Landing, not to mention Vietnam. "

They must really have liked the jet age and the moon landing, they remember them twice!:ROFL:

·
Premium Member
1,103 Posts
imported post

Count me in as an Old Geezer:july4thflag::july4thflag::july4thflag:

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
imported post

Amen, I couldn't have said it better.

:thumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts