Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2006 GL1800
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought it new intending to ride it when I retired. Got it, a top-level black cherry bike that only has less than 3k miles on it. Never down. Garage kept and covered. Bunch of sensible add-ons like back seat arms, extended front fender, CB, highway pegs, chrome kickstand, front seat backrest with pocket in back, etc. But I got too old and had physical problems (not from riding - just old age). My meds get me dizzy (not good for great curves) and I needed several surgeries. Wife, says no more riding so it has been sitting. So I have to sell it! There is nothing wrong with it at all. I lied: it is slightly dusty under the cover. Original tires. I really liked the bike when I did ride it years ago. It has heated grips (upgraded to Kuryakin chrome) and seat. It was top of the line and included Navigation. It is located in a Northern suburb of Houston, Texas near highways 290 and 249. I am waiting for a nice day to get my son to move it outside, start it and I will take pictures to post. Oh, and it was dealer maintained until I quit riding. I will be asking more than the typical book value because it is a pristine low-mileage gem! Original msrp was around $24,000 plus the extras. Current book value is obviously less.

·
Premium Member
1,655 Posts
The tires must be changed before it hits the road. 16 year old tires are not safe to be on the road, no matter how they were stores. Also unless you changed the fluids all fluids should be changed also, 16 year old coolant and other fluids are not effective. If the price is right and someone can do al the work it might be a good deal,.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Wow, nice Gold Wing! I too have a 2006 model. Bought mine in 2012 with 6500 km on it. Smelled new!
The issue with asking such a high price for an older model is that when the new owner rides it for two or three years it will lose a lot of value. You are charging a big premium for the fact it has low mileage. When it has 50,000 miles on it, the value will plummet. I'd simply buy a excellent condition model with 75,000 miles on it, for less than half of your asking price. I'm still going to have 150,000 miles to ride it before any major issues. I'd charge more than Blue Book value, but not an extra $14,500.00. GLWS!
Tire Wheel Sky Land vehicle Fuel tank

1 - 11 of 11 Posts