Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking!!! Last year I went to North carolina three times, Twice to Michigan for north woods campout, and to ride the UP. I also went out west to Bad lands, Rushmore, Beartooth, Yellowstone, Glacier, and North Dakota bad lands. This year I think I would like to explore the Adirondacks, andThe Ozarks, along with the trips to North Carlina , and Michigan.
Does anyone know what time of year to head to the Adirondacks, Or The Ozarks?
WHERE are you going? do you want to go with me? I always travel alone, but that is because nobody likes me. I think they are intimadated by my ruggedly handsomeness.
God bless
Gary
P.S. I will only be going if God lets me, you know he can change things in a moment.

·
Administrator
28,071 Posts
Go to the Ozarks between March and May or between September and November for the best weather.

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
Adirondacks, Northern NY up through 1000 islands, Masena / Potsdam over to NH Vermont......... July / August or early in the fall as the leafs are changing..... I would do it in the summer. No place prettier in the summer than the 1000 Island area.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Adirondacks, Northern NY up through 1000 islands, Masena / Potsdam over to NH Vermont......... July / August or early in the fall as the leafs are changing..... I would do it in the summer. No place prettier in the summer than the 1000 Island area.

I spent some time at Camp Drum in the Army. Watertown 1000 islands.

·
Just one of the guys
4,837 Posts
This part of the country August usually is plenty warm. Sometimes hot but usually not too bad for rain. The last 2 weeks of August is usually a good time to travel.

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
I spent some time at Camp Drum in the Army. Watertown 1000 islands.
Camp Drum went through some amazing changes about 20 to 25 years ago, I don't know when you were there last. I remember you could drive through that area for years and never know it was there. After the remodel there was a town built..... huge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.