·
Canada Bob
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
20,586 Posts
imported post

I would have had to get my sheepskin surgically removed from my rear end! :shock:

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
imported post

40 years ago I would have turned around and caught them, and we would have had a 5 PM meeting of minds....AKA ...a pure a$$ whooping of them.......Now I'm with Bill on this one....Of course both of them were at fault!!!!!..They were both on the wrong side of the road...:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:........

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

redbaron wrote:
40 years ago I would have turned around and caught them, and we would have had a 5 PM meeting of minds....AKA ...a pure a$$ whooping of them.......Now I'm with Bill on this one....Of course both of them were at fault!!!!!..They were both on the wrong side of the road...:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:........
:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

wcleafs2002 wrote:
Holy Crap!!:yelling:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4X1gdp83PvY

what would you have done after?
:shock::lash::shock::lash::shock:

Unfortunately I had something similar happen to me earlier this year, on that nice road that goes down to Manchester State Park that you camped at at NASSIR. I was travelling towards town, coming around one of those twistys and encountered an old lady in a big luxury car, in my lane, shielding her eyes from the sun with her left arm. I guess she couldn't afford sunglasses after buying that fancy car and her waterfront home!!:lash::lash::lash: I had just enough room on the side of my lane to barely keep from getting run over, and my thumb was jamming the horn button in at the same time blasting my Stebel. I considered doing a u-turn and following her home but I decided I was not in the right state of mind to do so, so I let it go. :yelling::yelling::yelling:

John

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
imported post

:shock:WOW, now that would have gotten the blood flowing!!!

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
imported post

Yea, I probably would have had to sit the rest of the day out after that one!

·
Old School Guru
7,887 Posts
imported post

SMC wrote:
Yea, I probably would have had to sit the rest of the day out after that one!
Me too, after I turned around and caught up with that moron and gave him/her my opinion of his/her driving skills.:whip::whip::whip:

Gene:action:

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
imported post

That was too close... the mirror actually touched his jacket...

not sure what I would have done... but probably the same as that rider did ... smile shake my head and ride on...... I don't think either was completely right or wrong.... the Ute driver was obviously in both lanes.. the rider (judging by the higher revs, leaned forward posture, and the lean in the turn was trying to go a little faster to show his passenger the acceleration in the turns
I made the mistake reading some of the comments on the video and those that say they would turn around and chase the driver down are full of themselves ... Now I have been know to stop in traffic to ask someone if they would like to get out and check my odometer rather than look over my shoulder to see it..... but when it came to me doing STUPID things ... it has always been better for me to smile and ride on...

One of the worst accidents I have ever been in was caused by something similar..... I don't remember much of it after it started ... Wearing full gear (which was rare for me back then)I was traveling way to fast over a bridge that crossed a highway in Houston a car came around a blind corner and directly into my lane. I swerved to the right to miss the car (Should have went left) and hit loose shell that was on the shoulder. Front tire went out from under me. I remember hitting the pavement on my left shoulder. I remember hitting it face first, with my arm in front of me to cushion the blow (not my best idea). The next thing I remember was this shoe just inches from my face and one of the strangest thoughts came into my head as time stopped ...."Who's shoe is that?"... it was my shoe and my foot was still in it. I remember hitting the pavement once more again on my left side and flipping in a diagonal motion .. not end over end nor front to back... but literally diagonal.... The next thing I know is a REAL memory was a security guard standing over me. He had already taken my helmet off and was asking me questions. I tried to say something to him and all that came out was gibberish (even to me) The next memory I have is a day in the hospital that even today I say was the first full day, but turns out to be the 4th full day. I spent 8 days in the hospital and broke a total of 17 bones (all on my left side).
I later talked to the security guard trying to figure out what really happened. He said that he found me rolled up in the bushes of the hotel that were approximately 40yds from where it all started. The only reason he came over was the bike had righted itself and rolled into the bushes 30 feet from where I was. While looking at the bike he saw my shoe laying in the grass and then saw me under the bushes. He pulled me into the parking lot and removed my helmet. When I told him that was the wrong thing to do he seemed offended. I thanked him for what he did but also informed him that it could make it worse. At one point according to him I actually complained about being in the sun and sat up and moved to the shade on my butt like a dog rubs himself across the carpet.
I now have 9 bones fused together in my left hand, shoulder pain every day, permanent kidney problems (that was caught later) had invasive knee surgery, and a few small scars. At NO point ( I repeat NO POINT ) did I ever completely fault the car that cut me off. I am not sure how fast I was going, but the acceleration of a Yamaha xj750 poorly tuned I assume would have had me at 65- 70 mph.... At best it had a low visual profile head on... I was young, bullet proof and had no fear of the pain nor a concept of mortality.
I know I have been blessed with a Guardian Angel that can think quick on his feet at 175mph. I also realize that others have had accidents that can be blamed ENTIRELY on drivers of cars/trucks/commercial vehicles and big rigs.

·
Premium Member
2,013 Posts
imported post

marked as private video, and I am logged in...............:(:?

·
Best looking member
3,107 Posts
imported post

What kind of egomaniac puts a camera on a bike pointing at themselves??????:cheesygrin::cheesygrin::cheesygrin::cheesygrin::cheesygrin::cheesygrin:

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
imported post

I've had a few encounters like that with trucks, vans, and cars around a corner near my house. It's a blind corner with trees and bushes in the way. Safe speed without cars going the other way is around 40 to 50 mph, but most people around here try to take that corner at around 70 which means cutting into the other lane or going out into the other lane depending on which way your going. I usually slow down to about 30-40 around that turn just because of that fact. At night is a different story because I can see the lights from around the corner, but then I have to worry about animals. lol

·
Premium Member
1,591 Posts
imported post

Goldwinger wrote:
What kind of egomaniac puts a camera on a bike pointing at themselves??????:cheesygrin::cheesygrin::cheesygrin::cheesygrin::cheesygrin::cheesygrin:
"As he was filming for a video review, he had a high-definition camera on board to record the incident..."

http://www.gizmag.com/motorcycles/

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
imported post

That IDIOT should not be allowed to even ride a tricycle. Talk about $*#t for brains.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.