Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Yesterday three of us rode about 250 mi, it was cool and a little breezy, but a good ride nonetheless.

Today wasn't so nice 5C, and very windy, I set out to ride 150 mi round trip but I wimped out after 50 mi and went home.

I think it was the snowflakes whipping past me that did it.

In all that mileage, we never saw another bike, no Hardleys of course, but no Wings either. Anyone would think winter was coming:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

live to ride...........Another day:weightlifter:

Ride Safe, Ray

:waving:

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Calling for possible snow flurries in the North Carolina mountains tonight. Buuurrrrrrrr!!!

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

Had a great 4 hr ride today, along some local 'featured roads', in the sunshine and 9-10C. Cooled off quick when the sun disappeared though.

Days are getting numbered. :p :crying:

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
imported post

I feel your pain, brother! Snowed here all day day today, too. Just flurries, but the wind was 40knots plus. Good day to stay inside and watch our titanium-armored-let's-take-a-rest-every-twenty-seconds sport we lamely call "football."

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
imported post

Yeah, but just checked the weather for a Dragon run this weekend. High in Robbinsville is 67?? Whoot!

·
Probationary
4,535 Posts
imported post

Wife had me bring her plants in off the decks yesterday as we were under a freeze advisory....28*F this a.m. [-0*C].

Weather is supposed to warm a bit, but the season is coming to an end. :crying:

I can still use the bikes to 'ride-to-work' when it's dry, but the 'pleasure' rides will be down to a couple days a month.

·
Life Time Premium Member
3,918 Posts
imported post

Leaving for home from work yesterday it was dry and fairly decent. Halfway home, on the thruway at 65 mph the sky decides it's had enough. Lighting, thunder, then pouring rain and hail. Damn, it was so nice when I left I didn't even put on my extra pants or winter gloves!

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
imported post

English Bob wrote:
Yesterday three of us rode about 250 mi, it was cool and a little breezy, but a good ride nonetheless.

Today wasn't so nice 5C, and very windy, I set out to ride 150 mi round trip but I wimped out after 50 mi and went home.

I think it was the snowflakes whipping past me that did it.

In all that mileage, we never saw another bike, no Hardleys of course, but no Wings either. Anyone would think winter was coming:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:
Guess you managed to avoid the hail storm we had in St.Vital on Saturday!!!!!

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
imported post

Well, I can certainly feel your pain. I went out for my afternoon ride before the time changes here, and it was around 55 degrees f....and I thought I was properly bundled up, but it still got pretty chilly..I'll wear more clothes next time..Although it was my hands that got the coldest....so maybe some of those "heated gloves" might be in order...and it was windy today...25-30 mph....But that really doesn't have much affect on the bike...just makes it chillier...

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
imported post

This is the time of year that I most enjoy living in Nova Scotia. The Falls are usually nice, and the rideable temps seem to run into the mid part of Nov. ie 18C here today--that's mid 60's for the southern brethren. I did a nice ride yesterday, out along the ocean biways.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.