Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I cleaned the air filter on my 1995 GL, and now it has a miss in it. When I put my finger over the tube in the breather, it cleans up and idles like it is supposed to. I think it is part of the intake air shot air system. Can someone explain what that does so I can diagnose it? What did I do wrong when I put it back together? It is the piece in the picture below.

Thanks for any help!

Attachments

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

hi donnie the air shot system is to stop you going through the windscreen on decelaration you would not have to remove the lower air filter case to clean the filter if you did according to the simptons you discribe you most likely have a vacum leak now in one of the smaller hoses noteably no1 (pink)or no3 (pink) no 3 (green) on the under side of the case maby one has sliped off when you were reinstaling or is pulled on the other end

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks Peter,

I will check that out shortly. I did not remove the bottom of the breather, only the top. I did put the wrong oil on the filter (K&N) and it ran like the choke was on, so I cleaned it again and put it back on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.