Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Checked out the "ICE" issue for cell phones on several web site, "snopes.com" and on "CBS the Early Show""Julie Chen"here in the States interviewed the Paramedic who came up with the Idea , according to everything I find it's a great idea and does not expose you or your phone to "Virus's" or "Hackers",bottom line is it's safe and should be done!:clapper:

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
imported post

I guess you all heard about Paris Hilton's cell phone address book getting hacked. Sounded almost funny at the time.
With the proper equipment and know how, cell phones will gough up the contents stored in their memory.
With the ICE information, the hacker has a lot more than a name and phone number!
You decide.
Just my thoughts.

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

All ICE is is 3 letters in your phone like Joe or Deb how does it make it more vulnerable?:baffled:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

wingdawg101 wrote:
All ICE is is 3 letters in your phone like Joe or Deb how does it make it more vulnerable?:baffled:
It doesn't. The question wouldn't have come up except for the email hoax. As for hacking into a phone to get your contact list or other data, it is possible if you have a bluetooth enabled phone, similar to linking into someone's wireless system, it's also possible if you have your phone set to allow access without a password for your voice mail. Some providers such as Cingular/ATT and Nextel don't allow their customers access voice mail without a password. If you can there is a slight risk of being hacked. More risk if you are famous like REDWING.

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
imported post

Ok, you guys are right. Got myself straightened out. But if ouy use the address book to keep any "private" info, remember what I mentioned earlier.
A lot of people don't know their phone data can be stolen so easy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.