Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

This is the CB that came on my 85 Aspencade when I got it.I`m sure its aftermarket.What other parts might I need to get it functional?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
imported post

Can't make out the writing. Remember that there were many aftermarket CBs grafted into the GL1100 & 1200, so you might find info about a specific one hard to get.

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
imported post

Zonk: It looks like the hand-held part from a Cobra CB. You plug it into the CB unit and you can talk, turn up the volume, change channels etc. The unit would not be very big, maybe 6"w x7" L x 2" H more or less. If you cant find anything tucked away somewhere on your motor, you probably can go to a CB shop and they can get you the CB unit it fits if you want.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Yeah,its not a good picture but the CB has al the controls on the mic,which you see.I dont have any other unit on my bike from it,so I`ll probably have to get a new one.

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
imported post

Zonk.... Some aftermarket items were made to retro fit into  a 1200 /1100.... Here is one from AirRider;..........                                                 http://www.airrider.com/store/product.php?cookiecheck=true&id=313                                                                 Silver  /forums/images/emoticons/emoticonsxtra/cooldj.gif                                           

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Thanks guys..I`m just gonna refit with the smallest one I can find..shouldnt be to expensive.

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
imported post

Hey Zonk!

I recognize the control! It was a limited cobra try. Try because they didn't work for long. The hand held part went bad.

There is a CB shop in Bakersfield (can't remember the name now) that could possiblly fix it but none would gaurantee the work. ( I know ******* ca. is a long ways from Rochester.)

Best advice is buy a 25 nighthawk without the fancies, have it peaked and tweeked by a reputable CB shop. The 25 or simmular Uniden should fit the left pocket.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.