Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I got a call today from a freind, he was out riding with three of his buddies all on crotch rockets, when one got the great Idea to pop a wheelie, Lost control and took out two of the other guys with his bike, Everyones ok, but the bikes are a different story.

Now whats really funny is this idiot:gunhead:just got his bike back togeather, because he hit a car doing the same thing three weeks ago. Plus this guys got no insurance.

Some people never learn,

If any you guys want to go riding with this idot I'm sure I could get his number, Ha Ha

No wonder us bikers get a bad name,

Don't get me wrong, It's fun to play, but you gotta keep it in check, Stay with in your limits. And if you are going down, don't take your freinds with you,

Oh well Just had to let you guys know, all I could do was shake my head.

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

Oh sorry, I thought you were doing roll call and I was dutifully checking in.

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
imported post

Brojees wrote:
Oh sorry, I thought you were doing roll call and I was dutifully checking in.
Is this roll call for nuts and idots or just idots?:jumper:either way,,,,,,,,Present:)

but no, I do not want this wheelie man's phone number. His type do not last too long.:baffled:

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

Well so far it is just us eejits, no nuts have shown.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Yeah i could write a book about the fools :whip: i meet on the roads on their bikes. :whip: Just last week i met this clown :whip: standing on the saddle of his bike and i would guess his speed was around 60mph. :whip: He must have secured the throttle to maintain the constant speed on the straight road. :whip:

:walker::18red::walker:

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
imported post

Redwing said
Just last week i met this clown :whip: standing on the saddle of his bike and i would guess his speed was around 60mph.

Look what happened to Indian Larry.Standing on his saddle was his schtik!!!!!:gunhead:

·
Registered
177 Posts
imported post

idiots on bikes, cars, trucks, vans they are all over and sometime it feels like they will be taking over the world even if it is only for a little while. Everyday I drive my son to school, and everyday I meet idiots driving something. I drive the speed limit and around town that is a for sure. As I left the school one day last year in my "wifes" truck, I proceed home on a 70 kmh stretch of road, and started to stop at a four way stop sign, a lady I know as the daily idiot( if my timing is wrong), approaches me from behind asI am starting to stop, she is not slowing down, and she veers to the right and on the shoulder, and passes me as I came to a stop at the 4-way stop. She barrels through and off she goes. I follow herand she knows I am there, I thinkand she heads to her childs school and drops her off,I am waiting. She leaves the school and I begin my Magnum P.I and follow her some more, she turns, I turn ect. Then she turnsand is heading to the police station and I laugh and she turns in and I just keep on driving by. The red Aztec truckhas done numerous idiot moves over the previous months, I never seen that red aztex truck again on my ride to and from school after that. I think she thought was a crazy driver,Thats ok by me.

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
imported post

I was doing my daily 60 mile trip from work to home last week, and I was cruising down the highway at 60 or so, just enjoying the scenery. I saw three sport bikes coming up behind me in the fast lane, gaining fast. As they passed me, doing about 70 or so, one of these rocket scientists had to show off....thereby standing on his seat and doing a wheelie for oh, maybe 30 yards. I was (not) impressed. I figured I'd be driving through his remains in a few miles...

Morons.

Jack

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
imported post

I have certainly done my share of "idiot" and "moronic" things. But I'm learning...........slowly.................but I'm learning! Actually I'm not half as "nuts" as I used to be when I was younger, without kids!

I do have to agree though. The reason bikers have a bad name is due to the way SOME of us ride.

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

Don't get me wrong, I like to play to, not as much as when I was younger, but still have to play a bit, I realized I'm not god anymore, I guess a wife and two kids will do that, But I know when to play, were to play, and I know my limits, I'm just smarter when I play,

My biggest dumb sh#t attack was when I was sixteen, had my 72 buick skylark with the needle barried past 120mph, and lost control,(4 wheel drum brakes really suck at that speed) well any way I spun out and ended up in a corn feild, Luckly No one hurt, and the only thing that broke was my exhaust ripped off after the header, Oh ya the patch of corn I went through didn't look to good either, But I drove her out, Since then I kinda learned my limits, and stay within them

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
imported post

Here's why I chicken out after about 70...

It has to do with knowing what its like to wreck at 60 in a cage...

In March of 1992, three weeks before my youngest son was born, I was heading out of town in North Central Wyoming. It was an 8 mile trip to the family ranch, after lunch-its time to get back to baling hay... about 7 miles out, and only a short stretch to my turn off from the state hiway, I go over the crest of a hill small enough to block the viewtill after you go over, and find another truck PARKED in the road. I was in my 63 Chevy stepside. The state accident investigator said I had only 7 seconds to see, understand, decide, and initiate an action. I didnt make it. I hit them at almost 60. I had no seat belt on, and put my head through the windshield. I collapsed the steering wheel with my chest, and tore my left bicep muscle. Dislocated both shoulders. I still have a mark on my chest from the '3 on the tree' shifter.

Three people in the truck I hit. The passenger and driver had cuts and bruises, the one in the middle (where there is no headrest) died as a result of having the back of her skull taken off when it rocked back and went through the window.

They, apparently, had stopped to look at some horses in a pasture to the left.

When I get up to about 65 or so, the images of what that was like come back. I am not scared, but I dont want to find out how different it is without the cage. I love my life, and even though I am not scared of dying, there is no hurry.

Most importantly, I was well enough after the accident to hold my newborn son in my arms when he was born.

Keep the shiny side, up, all.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

ubarw,

That's why I don't barrel around the twisties unless I can see far enough to stop. I've had a similar experience with a truck that dropped a trailer in the road behind a blind curve. Luckily for me no damage was done but it was a wake up call I haven't forgotten. I was traveling over the humpties in Nevada last week and you can believe I was slowing down on the crests.

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
imported post

to say it was a life changing experience is an understatement.

Riding a bike is only fun if you get off the thing at a time of your own choosing...

:shock:

·
Registered
177 Posts
imported post

To be young and foolish and not to appreciate the potential consequences. With my son when he was old enough to understand (not that long ago), I sat him down with my old pictures ofkids I grew up with, (small town livin) and we went through, sadly the ones that did not have luck on their side the day the lights went out for them. Talking about each person and their story and sad ending.Thinking not to scare himbut to educate him.You look at a school class picture and you just do not know the last chapter ofeach individuals book. Where I grew up the police went off-duty at 2 am. I am surprized more of us did not meet our own demise growing up. Lots of luck for some I suppose.

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
imported post

1982 Yamaha 1100 Special......could it dangle!!!! 130mph left my buddy so I couldn't see him anymore. Into a gentle curve, was about to back off as I came through it and all hell broke loose. Speed wobble and I rode her like a bronc. I virtualy walked away from it. Smashed left hand (3pins) squashed ring & middle finger left hand, knees a little brusied, a little road rash on the face, and a busted rib. I was wearing a pair of cowboy boots and blew right out of them. The full leathers sure prevented alot of road rash. I still have them just as a reminder.

Sure cured my urge for speed and sure made me smart, musta been da bump to da head!!!!

Kyle

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
imported post

Two things I take very seriously... My Flying and Biking. I don't fool around when it's time for those things..

Last Tuesday, I was behind a broa--oops,, woman :whip:in a car. We came up to a stop light and she stopped well into the intersection. I stopped at the pedestrian line.. SHE :whip:decides to just back up to get behind the lines... HOLLY SH__!!! I yelled, beeped the horn and cursed as loud as I could.. She :whip:wasn't hearing me, so I grabbed the handle bars and pulled the bike back as fast and far as I could. She :whip: never knew I was behind her.. People behind ME began beeping their horns to wake HER :whip: up. Luckily, nothing happened other than my heart getting a workout along with my legs moving a 749lb motorcycle 20 feet backwards...

I've learned that driving either a car or motorcycle is a full time job... It's the other driver you need to watch out for...

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
imported post

I am in need of confession...

I use to be one of those idiots on the road. Although I think I was a little more cautious than the biker who took out his friends. Nonetheless was one of them. Since then I have found riding heaven (literal term)

Now having said that, the one thing that sticks out at me more than nothing is the sport bikes showing off around us Wingers. When our club goes riding through the countryside we have been passed by sport bikes doing wheelies. We even had a guy do a stoppie right beside us one day.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.