Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

What is the initial setting forn the idle air jet?

Seams to be about 11/2 to 1 3/4. Thats where it runs pretty well. Then I'll sinc.

Looking for a good site to buy front brake master cycl. rebuild kit?

Need throttle return cable.

I also have a 1976 that I will part out or sell as is. Good restore project. Good title.

Thanks

SC

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
imported post

SPC wrote:
Looking for a good site to buy front brake master cycl. rebuild kit?

Thanks

SC
When the master cylinder on my 78 gave trouble, I just replaced it with one of these. Then I didn't have to worry about whether it was good enough to rebuild.

Walter

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

Thanks for the info on the idle adj. After warming up the adj. looked to be about 1 3/8 to 1 1/5. Pretty smothe for not in sinc. yet.

The brake situation. My frront locked up last Sun. Left the driveway never touched the front brake, in about half to three quarters of a mile I noticed I had to give it more throttle to keep it moving. Made a sloww rightn turn and almost didn't get it back up before it stopped dead. I had to bleed a banjo bolt on the front to equalize the pressure then get it home. With no front brake. Havent moved it since.

Ride Safe, Have a Great Day

Stan

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
imported post

SPC wrote:
Thanks for the info on the idle adj. After warming up the adj. looked to be about 1 3/8 to 1 1/5. Pretty smothe for not in sinc. yet.

The brake situation. My frront locked up last Sun. Left the driveway never touched the front brake, in about half to three quarters of a mile I noticed I had to give it more throttle to keep it moving. Made a sloww rightn turn and almost didn't get it back up before it stopped dead. I had to bleed a banjo bolt on the front to equalize the pressure then get it home. With no front brake. Havent moved it since.

Ride Safe, Have a Great Day

Stan
Sounds like the small port in the master cylinder, that allows pressure to bleed back from the caliper when the break lever is released, is plugged. I have never had it happen to me personally, but have read about it in magazines.

Walter

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.