Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi everyone and greetings from california!
I am having problems with mi Idle I keep it at a good RPM arround 1200rpm but when I give it gas it goes high like 3 or 4000 rpm and takes time to go back to idle and some times I have to move the idle screw to make it go back. advised ??
I forgot is GL1000 1977 tx.

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
imported post

Sounds like a vacuum leak or possibly gunked up carbs. Run some sea foam thru it and if that doesnt help start looking for either sticking linkage or rotted vacuum hoses

·
Premium Member
3,770 Posts
imported post

Excluding any other carb problems this is the typical symptom of the carbs being out of synch. If you have the gauges try re-synching them

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
imported post

Could be carb.s but could be ingintion too. Stock points or does it have an aftermarked elec. ignition?

For both, check time, and that the spark advance it working and intact.

If stock points, check condenser.

If elec.: Do you have the 'choke coil' on mounted to the ballast resistor? If not it will cause an issue similar to what you have.

Bill

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thank you Ghostrider ! you got that right it's what i thought and greetings from LA!

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Thank you dingdong and pinto I know I have to check timing and the synch of carbs . greetings from LA. Danny

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
imported post

If it slow going back to idle, could be your slides are sticking. Pop the caps and clean them good. Make sure you don't mix them up

Don

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.