Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idunno, is that too much for a Canadian Wing?

1K views 21 replies 16 participants last post by  fysty-1 
#1 ·
#3 ·
imported post

The Canadian Blue Book lists that as the value for a bike like that in excellent shape but why would you want to throw your money away? Found at least three '98s for sale on the GWRRA site and this is the most expensive one:

1998 Honda Goldwing SE, Red. Showroom condition. No murals or names painted on this bike. Lots of extras. 29829 miles. Very nice bike. Always kept in climate controlled garage with cover on it. Serious inquiries only. $8895.00

I've brought 3 Wings over the border and never had a problem. Just have the paperwork in order and it's a breeze.

#11 ·
imported post

Our southern neighbors are totally spoiled Hatchetman.Here in Ontario that is less than the dealers would be asking for that bike and you would have to pay 2 taxes on top of that as opposed to 1 tax for a private sale.When I bought mine anything the dealer had that was over 91 or 92 was around 15,000 regardless of miles.Even this summer when our dollar was stronger Mother Honda rebated the dealers $3,000 on a new Wing and it was still $6,000 more than you were paying in the States. Sounds like it's time for a road trip to the States.

#12 ·
imported post

UBarW wrote:
does it matter if that is canadian or us$? I guess I am asking if the exchange rate is a factor?
Not the exchange rate my friend, Canada is just higher in price than USA for most things! It's crazy.

thank you for your replies, I was not sure but now I am!

#16 ·
imported post

My 99 (selling this spring) is much better equipped and better looking IMHO with half the mileage. My asking price will be right in around $14,000. Sorry you southerners but that is what they command this side of the line.

#17 ·
imported post

miles.from.nowhere wrote:
My 99 (selling this spring) is much better equipped and better looking IMHO with half the mileage. My asking price will be right in around $14,000. Sorry you southerners but that is what they command this side of the line.
Hi Miles. I still have the pic's you sent me & that bike is what I am looking for.

In order to buy a wing, I must sell my Harley touring bike. Im not sure what it's value is though?!

It's an 88 Electra Glide Classic (Bagger). This winter I have replaced the clutch pack, all related gaskets, All oils, Drive belt , All brakes plus the rear rotor & a whack of other stuff. It runs awesome. I like riding it but I like wings better!

#18 ·
imported post

I'd forgotten that I'd sent you the pictures - thanks for the reminder :). I'm not going to advertise the 99 until we get closer to riding season around here but she has been running in the garage every couple of weeks. Keep in touch eh!

#19 ·
#21 ·
imported post

I went to the US and got a better deal than I could get here. Because the Canadian new bike prices are high the used ones are high as well. The paperwork is quite easy. 1998 SE 28,000 miles on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.