Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Some famous, old-time Austrian skier, whose name escapes me and who fled to American mountains from Nazi Germany, once said:

"If all people skied, there would be no wars."

I'd like to amend that to:

"If all people rode a motorcycle, there would be no wars.....or, at least, a whole lot damn fewer of them!"

·
Ignoramus Primus
303 Posts
imported post

HA! We have plenty of "wars" here amongst us motorcyclists.

• Oil wars
  • Tire wars
  • Deer whistle wars
  • Pegs vs Floorboard wars
  • etc.
:cooldevil:

Still, if we were all out there rollin' down the road instead of arguing trivialities here . . . ahhh, what a wonderful world it would be.

DANG! Its raining out right now. :doh:

·
Probationary
4,535 Posts
imported post

We could crowd out the Outlaws, Hell's Angels, Mongols, etc. :cheeky1:

Maybe we could amend it to, "If everyone rode Goldwings...." :stumped:

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
imported post

right on!! great thought but if everyone rode goldwings knowing us we would someday figure out how to joust on a goldwing lol....

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
imported post

:band:UNfortunately there will always be "WARS"

in the area I live in "most" harley riders I meet on the open and free road never wave.its almost like a turf war which is like I said very unfortunate considering I always thought we lived ina free world

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
imported post

Lindeman wrote:

in the area I live in "most" harley riders I meet on the open and free road never wave.its almost like a turf war which is like I said very unfortunate considering I always thought we lived ina free world
Here in Wisconsin living just two hours away from the Milwaukee, home of the Harley, there are alot of Harley riders that never wave. I Have noticed that if they have a helmet on they usualy wave, but a Harley rider with no helmet usualy wont. Unfornutely most Harley riders here dont wear helmets!

·
Texting Survivor "Barely"
106 Posts
:band:

My buddy never waves when he rides his harley......
REASON: The bike shakes and rattles so much if he let go with one hand he would fall off................

So it's a safety issue........... Can't have the harley guys falling off.........

It's just not cool...........

·
Premium Member
8,242 Posts
We could crowd out the Outlaws, Hell's Angels, Mongols, etc. :cheeky1:

Maybe we could amend it to, "If everyone rode Goldwings...." :stumped:
If that happened, Dairy Queen would inherit the earth....:ROFL:

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
Some famous, old-time Austrian skier, whose name escapes me and who fled to American mountains from Nazi Germany, once said:

"If all people skied, there would be no wars."

I'd like to amend that to:

"If all people rode a motorcycle, there would be no wars.....or, at least, a whole lot damn fewer of them!"

Interesting. While I ski or ride, war is absolutely the last thing on my mind, so I think he and you are on to something here....:bow:

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
here i get more waves and nods from harleys than wings, but we have fighting, shootings and stabings when they have the big harley rides here or in laughlin.

·
Premium Member
666 Posts

I've found we're I live in BC the Harley's wave more than I would expect ... There are certainly those that don't from talking to Harley people they seem to have a grudging respect for people who ride a Goldwing but may not say that to another Harley rider to often

·
Registered
517 Posts
" If all people rode bikes" 1/2 of them (the dumb ones) would be dead in short order due to bonehead driver mistakes they get away with when driving a car.

·
Premium Member
63 Posts

When they do wave, it's only a low hanging open hand gesture .....and if you look at their eyes, they are not even looking at you.
It's like they are saying, "Yeah, I see ya but I ain't got no time for ya".

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
If you ride or have ridden on a naked or Standard bike you know it's a lot easier to give the 'low' wave at speed because of the wind pressure on your arm. On a faired GW it's actually easier to give the 'high wave up behind the windshield or above it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.