Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Decided to get a new bike it would definitely be a new GoldWing! I sat on a friend's 2011 yesterday and it fit perfectly! They must have lowered the seat height because my feet are flat on the ground and the bike feels so balanced. Yep, it would be a new GoldWing alright. Good thing I didn't ride it or my friend wouldn't have gottne it back. For those of you that don't like the colors; forget about the colors; this is one awesome bike!

Dubs:action:

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
imported post

I dropped by our local Honda dealer pricing timing belts. (They stayed right there.) I took a look at the trikes especially the maroon one. I could feel the tears starting to build up so I left. $33,495 plus tax, etc. The salesman said that it would be the last bike I ever bought. I agreed.
So I went back outside and got on my ole 86 Aspencade and quietly rode for home.

Harold

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

I usually go out laughing and shaking my head when I visit the dealers.
I can't imagine ever wanting more than my GL1500 provides.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
imported post

Dubswing wrote:
For those of you that don't like the colors; forget about the colors; this is one awesome bike!

Dubs:action:
Dubs,

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that 2012 Blue... it is so, so similar to my beloved Blue Ox.

I'll just have to wait a few years for someone else to drive the "new" off of one first...

T

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

And then there are the heroic poor ... like me... who have to make the best of whatever life presents to them, like a streakin-fast' Honda ST1300, whose lovely lines are only surpassed by the lovely lady on the back seat.....

Poor me....

But do I complain, do I slobber all over dealership floors while admiring new bikes? (Hell, yes, I do! Bernie! When you get one, get two! One for your old buddy, Cuz Jack, huh? And I don't care what color it is......!)

Attachments

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

Not to rain on your parade,...but how low was the suspension set?:shock::cheeky1:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I caught the 1800 disease and sold my faithful 1500 and never looked back. The 1800 is indeed a fantastic bike. I used to feel the way Rudy does about his 1500 until I rode my 1800 for a couple weeks. It's magnificent. Period.

I'm too cheap to go for a new one. I bought an '01 which cost me about $5800 after I sold my 1500. I don't think I'd have gotten much improvement over my '01 by getting an '12 model. I have the essentials, CB, EFI, and ABS. Not to mention I like the looks of the earlier 1800s over the new ones. Just dont care for the clear plastic on the tail lights or the unmatching shape of the trunk and saddlebags of the 2012. I don't really like the looks of those ugly headlights on any 1800 so that's a wash.

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
I don't really like the looks of those ugly headlights on any 1800 so that's a wash.
I like the OWL eyes. but maybe that's just me. I don't think I would take a 2012 over my 04 though. They are nice, but I can't see paying the price difference.

·
Old School Guru
7,887 Posts
imported post

I'll just wait to see if the come out with a Pearl Hot Rod Yellow 2013 model. If they do, and it's not as ugly as the red 2012s, then I might think on it some day, but not anytime soon. If it looks just as ugly to me as the rest of the 2012s, then forget it, when this 05 is worn out to me, I'll either get a Royale Star Venture, or a Triumph Rocket III Tourer.:smiler: Sorry guys, but the Chinese man looking out of a horse's behind looking rear end on the 2012s has to be the ugliest tail end on a bike since the Rune, which you noticed how well it sold over the Valkarie it replaced.:shock:

Gene:action:

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
imported post

GLester wrote:
the Chinese man looking out of a horse's behind looking rear end on the 2012s has to be the ugliest tail end on a bike since the Rune
LOL

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

I asked him if he had lowered it and he said it is the same as when he got it about 3000 miles ago.

Lordy, CJ if I could afford one I would difinitely make you a deal on my beloved Valk; but I can't dadburn it!

I rode a 1500 and it was like driving a Cadillac! But I had to tip toe when stopping. That was the only fault I had and the fault was me!

Dubs

·
Friend of Bill W.
1,930 Posts
imported post

I got 40,000 on my 1500. I test rode an 1800. To be honest, I want one, bad, but selling and buying and then outfitting the new bike is more money than I want to put out this year. I am getting the bike a new front tire this year and I will be replacing the head bearings..... so I will be set for next year.

Maybe in 2013 or 2014.

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

Larry, I know what you mean! As much as I would love a new Wing it has to take a back seat to other more important issues. I would like to ride one, it has to be one sweet ride. Don't get me wrong though, my Valkyrie is one amazing bike and it can hold its own with any bike!

Dubs

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
imported post

Cousin Jack wrote:
like a streakin-fast' Honda ST1300, whose lovely lines are only surpassed by the lovely lady on the back seat.....
Hey Jack, don't look now, but you lost her on that last bump!:shock::shock::shock::shock:

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

What the h.......!!! Where'd she go? Anybody see her?

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

Cousin Jack wrote:
What the h.......!!! Where'd she go? Anybody see her?
Yeah, she's right there next to you in your avatar. ;)

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

Jack, If you had a more comfortable bike you wouldn't be loosing her like that.

But you guys know that CJ has Red locked up tighter than the chastity belt on Maid Marian!:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Dubs

·
Premium Member
8,242 Posts
imported post

GLester wrote:
I'll just wait to see if the come out with a Pearl Hot Rod Yellow 2013 model. If they do, and it's not as ugly as the red 2012s, then I might think on it some day, but not anytime soon. If it looks just as ugly to me as the rest of the 2012s, then forget it, when this 05 is worn out to me, I'll either get a Royale Star Venture, or a Triumph Rocket III Tourer.:smiler: Sorry guys, but the Chinese man looking out of a horse's behind looking rear end on the 2012s has to be the ugliest tail end on a bike since the Rune, which you noticed how well it sold over the Valkarie it replaced.:shock:

I really don't think Honda ever planned to make the Rune a regular production model Motorcycle. It was a grand experiment in Customs and I think they made between 3000-3500 Motorcycles when they were making them. It was actually a pretty good bike, with a front suspension that was a marvel of engineering. That bike will truly be a collectors items one day. I would have one, just to have one if I could swing it.:?

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

Dubswing wrote:
Jack, If you had a more comfortable bike you wouldn't be loosing her like that.

But you guys know that CJ has Red locked up tighter than the chastity belt on Maid Marian!:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Dubs
You don't lock up something you love, buddy; when's that last time you loved something that locked you up? Or maybe a better question would be: when's the last time you locked up someone you love, and had them love you back?

She came to me freely, and if she ever wants to go, she'll go freely. I wouldn't like it; it would devastate me; but she's earned the right to leave without condemnation or hassle.....

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

Cousin Jack wrote:
Dubswing wrote:
But you guys know that CJ has Red locked up tighter than the chastity belt on Maid Marian!

She came to me freely, and if she ever wants to go, she'll go freely. I wouldn't like it; it would devastate me; but she's earned the right to leave without condemnation or hassle.....
However I suspect it aint ever gonna happen.......... Not in our life times....:praying:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.