Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

That pristine Aspencade is easily worth....

• $7000

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • $8000

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • $9000

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping

Votes: 12 46.2%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, toying with the idea of selling my '98 Aspencade with 9,800 miles to buy a new one. If I was gonna sell whats it worth?

Its like new with yes, only 9,800 miles. New tires and carbs just cleaned and rebuilt and sync'd. Runs like new!!! Just installed a utopia backrest too(not shown in photos).

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
I was going to vote $7,000 but saw the keeping option and so that is what I voted. Checking KBB, for your bike in excellent condition it says $6,400

Why would you want to sell it with only 9,800 miles?? With that kind of mileage, that bike will last you for a LONG time to come.
You did not say how long you have owned it. if you have owned it for more then a year and only have those miles on it. I do not think it would be worth your money to spend the $$$$$$ on a new bike, seeing as how much you ride. Unless you just want a newer 1800.

Just my opinion. :?

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Agreed. Ride the snot out of it...

If there is something specific about the 1800 that you specifically cant get...

You can add nav, and just about anything else, and be way under even a used 2011..,

·
Vintage Rider
2,410 Posts
Keep it. You will not get what you think it is worth, and unless it has serious issues, it is better than the 1800. It is more comfortable, still has belt driven cams, and of all things, a carbureted engine.

·
Premium Member
1,361 Posts
I bought a '98 SE and paid $8500 a few months ago...after a lot of research on the forums and Craigs List. The bike had 7900 miles, looks new, and needed nothing but a new front tire (original was cracking badly on the sidewalls). I had located a couple of other 1500 SE bikes of similar vintage with 20-25k miles for less money...but I paid what I felt was a premium price for the nicest one advertised on the West Coast over the 2 month period I searched. Did I overpay? Maybe, but the price paid was after some pretty active negotiations with the owner from the 10k asking price and it was about 1k more than I intended to pay when I first began the quest for my "dream bike on a budget". No regrets...the "Blackbird" seems to be as good as she was supposed to be.

OH...and the price included 2 very nice Shoei wired helmets and a factory service manual.

Your Aspy is worth whatever the right buyer is willing to pay.

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
Your Aspy is worth whatever the right buyer is willing to pay.
You're absolutely correct!!

As for JerryH comment about it being "Better" than an 1800. That is only an opinion. I find that my 1800 is just as comfortable as my 1500 was as for the mechanical, again it is all opinion as to which is actually better.

Anyways, good luck in your decision and keep us updated on what you decide. :waving:

·
Trike Master
1,266 Posts
Keep it. You will not get what you think it is worth, and unless it has serious issues, it is better than the 1800. It is more comfortable, still has belt driven cams, and of all things, a carbureted engine.
I agree the 1500 is more comfortable than the 1800 for the rider.
I do not agree the belt driven cams, nor the carbs on the 1500 are better than the cam drives or the injection on the 1800!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.