Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I* listed my '84 Shadow for sale this morning & the 1st bite I get is this ....
"Thanks for getting back,i am buying the Item as a birthday gift for sister and i am at sea at the moment as i am a marine engineer.I really want the item to be a surprise for sister so i wont let him know anything about the it until it gets delivered to her , i am sure she will be more than happy with it. I will be making my payment through Paypal because i don't have access to my bank account online as i don't have internet banking, but i can pay from my PayPal account, as i have my bank a/c attached to it, i will need you to give me your PayPal email address so i can make the payments asap and please if you don't have PayPal account yet, it is very easy to set up, go to www.paypal.ca and get it set up , after you have set it up i will only need the e-mail address you use for registration with PayPal so as to put the money through. I have a pick up agent that will come and pick the item up after i have made the payments. Cheers"
anyone want to play ???????????????????

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

Hey, Bob.....! That guy, Homer Blick, is totally legit! He's my second cousin on my divorced step-sister's side, by marriage, and ever since he finished his sexual psychopathic 14 step program, he's been awright..... me and Chuck 211 will vouch for him all the way!

In fact, if it will make you feel any better, sign over the title to me, and I'll pick the bike up and send you the money as soon as Homer and I can hook up........ See? Don't you feel better already? You Canadians are so distrustful of your southern neighbors, hey?

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
imported post

set the hook and reel him in.......I played with another one of these asshats for 2 weeks on another bike a couple of months ago. He backed out at the last second when he suspected a police officer was going to bust his agent..paul

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

"Asshat!"

Ahahahahahahaha....... what a great, descriptive term!

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Actually only the ones at sea looking for bikes:cool:

I asked him for his agent's name and to send the cash with him. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,238 Posts
imported post

I had almost the same thing happen to me when I went to sell a voyager kit some months ago. I even corresponded with the s.o.b. for a while.

·
Premium Member
17,087 Posts
imported post

Cousin Jack wrote:
"Asshat!"

Ahahahahahahaha....... what a great, descriptive term!
Asshat is a good one!!!

I am also fond of Nutbag. People don't even realize they are being called a scrotum. :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
imported post

I have always liked: Richard Cranium

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

I could list a good selection of not so obvious adjectives for people like this, but Steve would have my backside in a sling for it. LOL!

·
Premium Member
17,087 Posts
imported post

MDKramer wrote:
I could list a good selection of not so obvious adjectives for people like this, but Steve would have my backside in a sling for it. LOL!
Mike,

Sometimes being a mod has it's bennifits. Sometimes it doesn't. :?

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
imported post

ok i want it to be a surprise for sister so i wont let him know about it until its delivered to her hell yeah id play along just for a bit

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

Ok, every time I get a reply from him, I"ll let one of you respond, maybe we should send him a link to this thread;)

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,186 Posts
imported post

Again,

never, ever, list your email address in an advert.

Force them to call you on a telephone and arrange a neutral meeting point. The corner Walgreens, etc...

That stops all of those jokers.

You tell them when they arrive at the meeting point, to call you again. Go from there...........

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
imported post

AZgl1500 wrote:
arrange a neutral meeting point. The corner Walgreens, etc...
Maybe the local Police departmet?:cheeky1:

Dane:15magenta:

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
imported post

He refers to his sister as "him/her". Transsexual ?:?

I usually like the smell of cod, but this is a little bit off. This is a load of "Bovine Colonic Waste".

Dave.

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
imported post

AZgl1500 wrote:
Again,

never, ever, list your email address in an advert

Force them to call you on a telephone and arrange a neutral meeting point. The corner Walgreens, etc...

That stops all of those jokers.

You tell them when they arrive at the meeting point, to call you again. Go from there...........
Thanks John, I know , in these listings the buyer replies though the add & does not see my address., They also don't show youtr phone # unless you want. :cool::cool:

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,186 Posts
imported post

I always check the box "Do NOT accept emails" and I never, ever, answer one if they try.

No phone calls here, they aren't real buyers.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.