Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
26,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Yesterday the UPS truck showed up with my lower Show Chrome lower air deflectors and Kuryakyn throttle boss so I put them on right away. Today I decided to go try them out. It was about 45 deg. F. and windy, perfect. I went into town to fill up with gas and took the long way home, the new parts doing their job and I was pretty comfortable, my feet were staying warm and my right hand wasn't getting tired ( the cruise control is pretty useless on these secondary roads). I finally got to some twistys and laid it into the first right turn and when the peg hit the pavement there was a strange noise, straight into a left turn and the same noise when the peg touched then it didn't happen again. I came to a place to stop and looked at the air deflectors and both were broken. :X
I can say they did work well for about 75 miles so it's not a total loss but I do have $69 in a throttle boss now. :?

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Guess you shouldn't put Buick bumpers on a cafe racer. Sorry to hear that. I hate it when stuff you just got gets messed up.

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
imported post

send them back or email them.. they should make it right :waving:

·
Administrator
26,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

I sent them an email yesterday because there was a washer missing from the package then a little while ago sent them a never mind on the washer and told them what happened, I don't really expect anything but they should have warned me these were for straight roads only.

I'll take $11 for them if you are interested Digby.

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
imported post

Davogd430 wrote:
I'll take $11 for them if you are interested Digby.
If I had ugly headlights on my bike, I might be :cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
imported post

Ugh! Man that sucks throwing good money away like that - by accident - sorry to hear it.

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
imported post

Why would the vendor be responsible for a product you installed, then broke, by admittedly, taking the curves a little tight? :baffled:

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
imported post

Dang that sucks David! I found the steering head socket & it'll be here this week so next Saturday I'm going to get the Wing back to being road ready. If it's over 40 I'll be on the road somewhere.

·
Administrator
26,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

lopeha wrote:
Dang that sucks David! I found the steering head socket & it'll be here this week so next Saturday I'm going to get the Wing back to being road ready. If it's over 40 I'll be on the road somewhere.
Well let me know, I'm ready.:action:

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

They broke because they hit the ground at highway speed. ;)

Dave, a suggestion. In the unlikely event that the company you ordered them from replaces them, perhaps mounting them, then in the garage laying the bike over to the point where they hit, and carefully using a Dremel to grind away the parts that drag would keep them from breaking again?

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
665 Posts
imported post

Dang! Sorry to hear about the air deflectors. And I thought that would be a good idea for a future purchase. :baffled:

Bob

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.