Discussion Starter #1
imported post

This is the proper way to do it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

Trailering your wing versus riding it is an oxymoron...... Not conceivable.

However, Hauling your bike, as you show pictured, would be appropriate only because it's being coddled, and it's being coddled by something thats in the $300K + price range...... However, it would be more acceptable to see the camper on the back of the wing,..... just my opinion.....

The Jeep doesn't really go but they did color match with the wing, so we'll give them that one.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
imported post

OK, I'll bite. How do you get that thing up there and then down again? I'm guessing some sort of hydraulic lift but is it commercially available or a custom contraption?

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

I have seen a few pictures with wings on the back of bigger campers....... (Shhhh..... Did I just say that outloud.....)

It must be a commercially made hydrolic lift. ride the bike on, tie it down and raise her up.

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

I haul my wing the proper way.

In an enclosed trailer as to not embarrass myself or my wing.:cheeky1:

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
imported post

Just checked and found that the HydraLift costs about $5000 installed. OUCH! Enclosed trailer is lookin' better all the time.

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
imported post

I'm shure the guy didn't blink any when he had to write the check for the lift anf install.
like to see a better pick of that setup
wilf

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
imported post

There are both Hydraulic and Electric lifts available. Price varies depending on your preferences.You have to consider the weight of the lift AND the bike on the rear axle max weight. Most,if not all single axle dually wheeled Class A RV`s would need a suspension boost. Class A RV`s with a "tag" axle are capable of carrying the load.
I leave the bike at home and choose to spend the $$$ in other ways.

·
Administrator
26,544 Posts
imported post

SETHAN12 wrote:
I haul my wing the proper way.

In an enclosed trailer as to not embarrass myself or my wing.:cheeky1:

Put HD decals on the trailer and nobody will question it. :cheeky1:

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
imported post

Lil Pete wrote:
This works too
Doubt they'd let you into BC with that. BC does not allow 2 trailers to be towed. I think that wheel at the back might classify it as a trailer.

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
imported post

IMHO dirt bike belong on trailers and goldwings belone on the road!!!!
Wilf
I have trailered all my goldwings once and that is how I know this.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
imported post

Come on now, Wilf. You're 9-10 hours from the mountains with nothing but barea$$ prairies between. How often would your better half willingly get on the back and take that ride with you? Mine has no problem riding the mountains with me. She just can't stand the windblown flatlands. And flying her to the foothills doesn't always work. We've done it a few times.
A rig to haul the Wing across the prairies and then use the RV as a base for day trips ain't lookin' so bad.

·
Premium Member
973 Posts
imported post

My wife had a stroke about 10 years ago and can't ride very far without physical problems developing. I plan on putting the Wing on a trailer behind our little Toyota motorhome to use when we get to the Rockies. If people have a problem with it, I just remind them that it is their problem. My wife loves to ride and I will do what is necessary to give her the option,

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

wpgfire wrote:
Come on now, Wilf. You're 9-10 hours from the mountains with nothing but barea$$ prairies between. How often would your better half willingly get on the back and take that ride with you? Mine has no problem riding the mountains with me. She just can't stand the windblown flatlands. And flying her to the foothills doesn't always work. We've done it a few times.
A rig to haul the Wing across the prairies and then use the RV as a base for day trips ain't lookin' so bad.
It also more comfortable on the interstate system in the motorhome.

I really want to resume motorcycle travel when I retire and have the time.

Right now it is a push to get somewhere so we can enjoy ourselves and the motorhome fits the bill.

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

wpgfire wrote:
Lil Pete wrote:
This works too
Doubt they'd let you into BC with that. BC does not allow 2 trailers to be towed. I think that wheel at the back might classify it as a trailer.
I also wonder what would happen if you have a blowout on that bike trailer or whatever it's called? Would you even know it from the truck and what kind of damage could it do in the mean time? I think I would have a TPM on that tire if I was running that rig.

John

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
imported post

Nah winpegfire
She gets to drive the rigg and pull the trailer. and I get to ride outrigger on the bike way fun. excet I keep losing her on the 4 lanes LOL
wilf

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.