Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hello to you all,i am in the process of re-commisioning a 1981 gl1100,when i got the bike last year it hadent been run for about 11 years so i havent had it running yet,i have replaced cam belts,sorted carbs but one problem that is worrying me is this,on the back of the spark units it looks like the resin has melted or desolved,i have replacements but before fitting and attempting to start has anyone any idea why this should have happened,cheers johny.b

·
Premium Member
75 Posts

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
imported post

How far are you ,sparking it up wont hurt..Have you attempted to start it,if not GET-R-DONE!!!!!

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
imported post

Mine were the cause of me only running on two cylinders. That was fun, never thought a golding could sound like a deseil. Clip them in and fire away. Mine were shot but the backs were fine.

That will soon be another fine gl1100 on kents roads!

See you around

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thanks for the replys,i will have a go with the old spark units first,the only things left to do are to fit them,drain the tank,put new petrol in,put airbox on and give it ago,some great advice from you all,cheers john.

·
Premium Member
1,680 Posts
imported post

I found that after my spark ignitors went out that there was an instrument lite wire plugged into a ground wire in the fairing weight box. But it also took out the voltage regulator,7volt regulator, tail lites,instrument cluster. Took a long time to find the correct answer but fixed a running for 2 years now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.