Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Hey fellow wingers I think I have a bad ignition coil but you tell me. The other day I was riding and the bike was acting funny like no power. I thought maybe a bad plug so I pulled no# 3 and no change, I pulled no#4 and no change, so I pulled no# 3 & 4 and no change. I pulled the plugs on those two and the plugs were dry. If the plugs are not firing does the injectors not pump fuel. By the way the left coil has a crack in it

Attachments

·
Administrator
27,900 Posts
imported post

If it is cracked it is bad, it may still fire some but it still needs replacing. The left one fires #3 & #4.

·
Premium Member
2,163 Posts
imported post

DaveO430 wrote:
If it is cracked it is bad, it may still fire some but it still needs replacing. The left one fires #3 & #4.
Very true. But be careful. The fuelies use spark units like the 1100's did. So no spark doesn't necessarily mean a coil. Yours is cracked and highly suspect. Swap and or replace to see if the condition follows the component.

One thing that bugs me is the fact that the plugs are dry. That generally indicates lack of fuel, not spark. #2 and #4 injectors are fired from a common lead, so that doesn't follow with your coil problem. If the coil/spark units don't correct your problem, you might want to check the injectors to make sure they are "clicking" and/or passing fuel.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.