Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I don't have an original key for my 94 SE. The key I have is a hardware store copy that works the ignition but doesn't work the accessory postion. Does anyone know where I can find the ignition key number or whatever I need to go to a locksmith and get them to cut a new key. I have blanks that should work but I'd like a "MASTER" key. Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

Go visit a "real" locksmith, he should be able to get you fixed up in no time. He should be able to look at the key and spot a problem.

The key number is supposed to be available on the side of any lock tumbler on you bike.

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

rcicciarelli wrote:
Does that mean I have to pull the lock apart to get the tumbler numbers?
You'll have to take out one of the locks, to get the 3 or 4 digit number off the side of the lock, where the flat spot on the threads are. Try the lock on your shelter first.

If the key works except in the accessory position, could be a tumbler issue. Have you taken the bike to a locksmith for evaluation yet?

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Well I gotta tell ya, Bennedums Locks in Binghamton, New York (shameful plug!:). Took my copy and figured out the problem in a matter of minutes. Outstanding. I now have two new keys that work like a charm. Thanks for the advise. Rick

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.