Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

can anybody help,my ignition key started to play up,I have to giggle the key around to make the panel to light up. I,ve looked at the switch and can't figure out how to get the switch apart, can anyone help.

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum johnjohn! :waving:

If this is on a 1200, ignition switch failure is pretty common. I know others on the forum have replaced their ignition switches and I'm sure one of them will be along with some advice on how to take it apart or replace it!

Bob :11grey:

·
Premium Member
4,040 Posts
imported post

problem wuith buying a new one is that it won't be keyed alike for the rest of the locks Remove the lock and take it to a locksmith they will rebuild and prob. replace the worn contacts

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

Hey johnjohn :waving: Welcome to the best Goldwing Forum on the net. :clapper:

:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
4,040 Posts
imported post

Deliberate hard removal for obvious reasons

Anyway you have to remove fork cover in centre of handlebars This exposes the triple tree that the lock is going thru unplug the wiring harness coming from lock and undo two bolts It will sort of drop out of bottom with a lot of wiggling very tight getting to it with out removing fairing but can be done

have fun

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
imported post

There are pictures on another post showing what to remove. Can't remember when I seen it, but a search will find it easy enough.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.