Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Well I got the new cable situation straightened out and both are now installed.When I had the carbs off I found two clogged mains.TWO! Thats 50%! No wonder I felt like the bike should be giving me more but it just couldn't do it.

So they are now unclogged and I just came back from a nice frigid ride on I-40 headed west out of Durham for a short run.And yes it does run! Now I think I know why so many are high on their wings.85mph in fourth and it slides right into OD.Very nice.

Bike looks like hell but mechanically its getting there.

Thanks Steve Saunders for this forum and to all who contribute their knowledge and wit so that I may benefit and enjoy my dog of a wing.

·
Premium Member
2,824 Posts
imported post

I can relate to your 1100. Mine is a plane Jane, but it runs better than a 29 year old should. Its a 1980 and as far as it goes it does 8000 RPM when I ask it. MPG has always been good, and when I put it to bed for the winter it was running flawlessly. It does need proper care and feeding, but the rewards are always present. Ride sfely

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Oh yeah.Mines a dog alright.Scuffed Brown I'd call it.PO painted the pipes black and they are still smoking the paint off everyday.Accented with rusted chrome and a black fairing.Busted bolts,scuffed plastic and burnt paint.I'm starting to love this thing.Right now I've got about $2100 in it including the original $900 purchase price.Love the low center of gravity.Now I guess its tweak time.Chasing 40mpg I guess.The PO painted the fuel tank too and once I got it back in of course the paint started to flake all over the place.
I'm going to paint the plastic and see if I can get a uniform look to it.

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
imported post

I know exactly what you're talking about my friend. I had similar issues with my 1200, and when I finally bit the bullet and fixed the carbs, I was AMAZED at the performance.. You are now officially hooked!

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Another nice ride today.Filled up.I'll be checking gas mileage with the two unclogged main jets now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.