Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
Lovely bike there dhall57. :claps::claps::)

Of course, being a Goldwing, it may have been round the clock twice already, but she still looks good!!! :shock::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

We are, hopefully, over in South Carolina in late September, early October and it would be nice to see it in person. :waving::waving:

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
Dhall57,

AWESOME!!! It’s in great shape. I’d love to get one in that kind of condition. Or even get one that I can put in some time on and get it looking like that. One of the first things you will have to do with it though is replace that leaky fuel pump. You can see where it has dripped down and is leaving stains. I’d hate to see that wonderful machine go poof!

Congtats! :claps:

Tim.

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
Awesome looking wing. Looks like that bike was kept in the house all it's life.

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
23,321 Posts
Wow! I hope you know what you've got. It's so rare to find any 'Wing more than 6 months old that's not covered with aftermarket crap.
Yours looks "showroom" fresh. Don't change a thing.

·
Oh - THAT guy...
3,275 Posts
VERY nice! Enjoy! Don't be afraid to ride it. It will last longer.

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Love that new bike and great time of the year to get riding. Reminds me of my old CB200T on steroids!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for all the kind words about my 77 GL1000. I think it will be a great bike for me. It's still hard for me to believe I have a original 77 GW. Even though the mileage is low it's still a 37 year old bike and needs the usual stuff of a bike this age that as been stored up up for awhile. Tires, brakes, t/belts etc. I took the radiator and frt. covers off this weekend to get ready for new t/belts. And I'll also put new rad. hoses on also probably a new thermostat. The fuel pump is seeping a little fuel as you can see from the stain on the case. It would wise to replace it I'm sure.

Attachments

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Beautiful bike, how does it run?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I've only had the bike a week and only took it down the road a few miles and took it easy at that. Tires are in bad shape, brakes are dragging. It runs and idles fair, but leaves a lot to be desired and no where near what its capable of.

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Looks great ENJOY!:claps:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.