Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well It's happening. I was made an incredible deal this week and can't refuse it so I'm selling the wing and buying a hardly. I'm not overly enthused about it but it is a strategic move to get me closer to a 1800.. I have an opprotunity to get a 2002 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic with 34,000mi fully loaded with extra seats and windsheilds. It has the kit that lets me dress it down to a street glide, for short city trips which is kinda nice, all for $5,800. I still plan on frequenting the site, I still plan on being a wild rhino, I still plan on making the functions i can make I'll just have to ride in back...lol

Now let the beating begin

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no beatings. Hope its all you hope for!
Kinda. Im not a huge Harley fan. I don't like the stereo types and the Image that follows them. I am a MC enthusiast, I find it funny that they brag about the new technology they have that my wing in 86 had. But im getting it on a fire sale and could easily flip this next week for double if not triple what I will have into it. I just really enjoy the friends in the community we have here, and hope to still be allowed to participate.......if I can catch up..lol:ROFL:

·
Oh - THAT guy...
3,276 Posts
Not sure I agree a Harley gets you closer to an 1800, but at least you are riding, and that I respect.
Enjoy!

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
61,674 Posts
I'm currently riding my "backup bike", a ST1100 around the Okie Land roads.

I have been noticing that my hand waves are being returned about 90% of the time and it does not seem to have any bearing on the model bike the rider has.

For me, it is just "in the wind" and the relaxation it gives me.

·
Premium Member
5,408 Posts
To me all it takes is two wheels and no attitude.

Stick around but pick up a can of skin thickener.:ROFL:

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
Many of my friends ride Harley' s and love em ..me not so much.. but I do appreciate them
Have a great one

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not sure I agree a Harley gets you closer to an 1800, but at least you are riding, and that I respect.
Enjoy!
I only say that cause of theridiculous resale of these things. I can ride this for a year and sell it for double what I have in it.. I'm positive of that, and now have 12,000 to buy a 1800.. thats my thought on it..

·
Premium Member
1,361 Posts
Sounds like it's simply a matter of dollars, and a very logical move for you. The extra money you'll make on the flip will definitely get you closer to the 1800. Congrats on the find!

My beef with many of the HDs is the incredible amount of noise they make...pissing off the general public at all motorcylists, which causes some 4-wheel drivers to be less accomodating towards us (i.e., lessening our margin of safety). I've never understood law enforcement's refusal to hold these jackass riders to a reasonable exhaust noise standard.

·
Premium Member
3,795 Posts
Nice ride liverkid! I wouldn't worry about getting a ration of crap from us - shoot we did that to you anyway, FREE OF CHARGE! Come on down to ES9, take your browbeating & let's get on with having way more fun that should be legal!

·
Premium Member
5,408 Posts
My beef with many of the HDs is the incredible amount of noise they make...pissing off the general public at all motorcylists, which causes some 4-wheel drivers to be less accomodating towards us (i.e., lessening our margin of safety). I've never understood law enforcement's refusal to hold these jackass riders to a reasonable exhaust noise standard.
I was out for a neighbourhood walk with my wife and went by a house where the owner was mowing his lawn. A HD rode by and it was quieter than the lawn mower. The HD owner had opted to use stock pipes and a reasonable power setting. Don't blame the bike.

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
61,674 Posts
There are a couple of HD owners who ride past my home everyday to and from work.

Both of them are street legal mufflers.

·
Administrator
27,933 Posts
GET OUT AND STAY OUT. :lash:

Just kiddin' , I don't mind Hardlys, just the attitude some of the owners have, the way they dress (like pirates), and the noise, which they don't come with from the factory. But like a guy at work that has 3 of them says, you have to have loud pipes to cover up the noises that come out of the engines.

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
Doesn't matter what you ride as long as your ridding!!

You did redeem yourself by saying this is a stepping stone to the 1800.........

So now we wait and see.........:popcorn:

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Don't know if you are gonna double or triple your money, Harleys ain't holding their value, or selling fast, or in high demand like they were a few years ago. If you are buying it to flip as a money maker, I think you are gonna be sorely disappointed.
Personally, I think the Goldwings are holding their values better that the Harleys nowadays, Unless you are talking about the old antique stuff.
Around here right now, I can find 10yo big twins all day long in the 6K-8K range, so $5800 ain't a flip it, money maker kind of deal.

·
Premium Member
2,722 Posts
Around here right now, I can find 10yo big twins all day long in the 6K-8K range, so $5800 ain't a flip it, money maker kind of deal.
I need to start buying in South Carolina and ship 'em back here to sell. Out here 6-8k will get you a sportster at best. The baggers are all up in the 10-15k range depending on age and condition (newer ones sell higher). And out here, fuel prices and motorcycle sales rise in unison. I think you made a good buy, and now you can say you have personal experience. If you hate it you flip it. If you love it you star in the next pirates of the caribean movie :D. Seriously though, I've thought of investing in hogs too. Not a big fan (especially having some experience with Buell), won't ride it much, but the profit IS there when you find one for a good deal.

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
Here in NC, at Auction, Piece of crap 2003 - 2006 models, full dress, 25K (ish) miles and they are going for $13 to $16K At Auction!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.