Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

I'm ba-ack!

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  ob1quixote 
#1 ·
Been gone for a while, busy with life and work and the curves they can throw you...
Add to that a heavy involvement in Dual Sport ride promotion, very full plate

Have an Aspencade, but between the need for fork rebuild, tires, carbs and that failed stator, I lost interest. That and I really didnt enjoy all the tupperware.

Had fond memories of the 1975 my father had, 2nd one in town. Some buddies have street bikes, and one is kind enough to lend me his Ducati ST3. Love the sound of those Staintunes, but the riding position kills me. Not interested in a cruiser either.

Got the bug to find something to ride with an upright seating position...

After almost buying a CB900 Custom, I ran into a 1979 GoldWing, 31K miles. Little rough around the edges, but a running machine. Charging system good, tank clean, new unused tire on the rear. Came with an old school luggage rack and back rest that slides into the rack.

The front tire? Old doesnt describe it! DOT date code of 279!

Starting to go through the machine, maybe paint...? Candy Tahitian Blue is talking to me

Here it is as of yesterday {yes I have the sidecovers, removed them before trailering}

[video]

[ame]https://vimeo.com/324748205[/ame][/video]

See less See more
#10 ·
Not as nice as it appears, pix can hide some stuff. Started life in Duluth MN, made its way to FL where I bought it. Nice enough for a survivor!
Purring like a tiger now, cranks up with a big twist of the throttle and no choke, Seafoam must be working its magic after a few heat cycles.

Front end torn dowm awaiting the new tire, sticky caliper pins greased, will be flushing front brakes tomorrow,
Mess of parts on order!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.