Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I just got back from running an errand in town.. While driving down one of the streets in town, I heard a loud "clank" and at first, I thought I'd left my kick stand down...but after closer inspection, I realized the harsh reality.. I'd run over something in the road and it cut the sidewall on my brand new rear tire...2 weeks old and I dismounted and mounted it myself...I limped it home, but it's unsafe and will have to be replaced...It's not the money...it's not the time involved in changing the tire...it's the fact that it's going to be in the 70's here tomorrow and I won't get to ride. I probably won't get to ride until next weekend, at the earliest.. THIS SUCKS!!!! It sucks big time!!! I've got to order another tire, as no one around here carries the 150/90-15 for the 84....The tire was a Kenda Kruz..and it held it's air..and to be totally honest with you, it rode pretty damned good...

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

If it makes you feel any better, that's what I'm doing tomorrow too.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
imported post

Embrace the darkside and you can be riding tomorrow morning. Resistance is futile.

·
Premium Member
3,403 Posts
imported post

I feel for you, I put on a new set of Bridgestones in the spring, (on Redwings advice, of course), then I drove to Calgary and discovered a very large nail in the rear.

To make matters worse I had to replace it with an Elite III.

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
imported post

I had to do that earlier this year onmy thenweek old Burgman 650 scooter. A piece of metal ruined the back tyre with only about 60 miles on it. €130 down the tubes...

·
Premium Member
814 Posts
imported post

I feel for you. I was visiting my kids for a week. Cleaned the bike and checked all the fluids and tire pressures for our return home the next day. Took it out for a short ride. Got ready to go the next afternoon and found the rear flat. Ended up leaving it and putting tires on it. Had to make another trip to get the bike. Got to see the grandkids again. Wasn't a bad deal after all :')

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Thanks to all for the condolences...It really could have been worse, but it's hard for me to see that right now.. I had just changed the oil and put in some nice Mobil 1 full synthetic and my baby was running smooth and the shifting was almost eerily quiet....It was running like a brand, spanking new bike.. Oh well, I did learn a lot mounting my first tire, so maybe the experience will pay off..

Best Regards,

Chester Gunn/Chula, GA

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

morrieb wrote:
Embrace the darkside and you can be riding tomorrow morning. Resistance is futile.
No Sir....no dark side for me....I've got a backup Suzuki 650, and I might take it for a spin or two, but no dark side...

·
Premium Member
3,467 Posts
imported post

Hey I am sorry to hear that you have to miss out on a good riding day. However the sun will shine another day and you will be back on the road.:battle:

Keep on Winging:bat:

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

morrieb wrote:
Is there a darkside solution for an 1200? Haven't heard of anybody doing it on a 1200 yet.

Sorry about your tire chesterwgunn. :( I went through that last Spring. My tire was not as new as yours, but was still pretty new.:X

John

·
Premium Member
1,591 Posts
imported post

morrieb wrote:
As far as I've been able to ascertain, there is no "dark side" option for the 1200.

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
imported post

The tire from an old VW beetle was about the same size as
the one on my 1200. They are hard to find and I don't think I'd try it even if it would fit.

·
Premium Member
1,437 Posts
imported post

Too bad they can not market new MC tires with Road Hazard.

I am usually good to claim 1 in 4 over the life set for a vehicle. Balancing and rotation is a different story.

I wonder if there is a regional rep for a given MC tire. Maybe one can plead their case. You know they already made their big profits,warranty claimsminimal if not non-existent, andthey are sellingnew tires that are not even new.Maybe they are bored like the Maytag Man.

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
imported post

There will be other days - go buy a bike mag, grab a beverage, and sit under a tree and plan your next ride! or maybe you could catch up on the yard work, I have some leaves in my yard....;)

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
imported post

morrieb wrote.......

I've spent some time researching the "Dark Side" for a GL1200. chiefcherokee is right....
there is no "dark side" option for the 1200.

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
imported post

definitely you wont be riding this weekend. dont push it. god knows why things happens :) order a new tire from americanmototire and be ready for next weekend :)

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

Foosman(5) wrote:
Too bad they can not market new MC tires with Road Hazard.
Cyclegear offers a type of road hazard warranty on tires they sell and mount. Haven't used it myself yet, but NaturallyGWhas and he's the one that told me about it.

John

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
imported post

Foosman....There is one. I bought a warranty on my tires when I bought the bike. If I lose a tire and have to replace it on a trip, they repay me the funds.

·
Premium Member
1,437 Posts
imported post

Great, a hazard warranty available.

Now, if we could get a 35kor lets say 20k mileage warranty. I can not even get 15k. Just dreaming.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.