Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I'll be looking for a replacement radiator for the 75 1000. I was wondering if anyone has dealt with any of the parts places out there (used) that have had a positive experience in acquiring a replacement.

I got one off of ebay and it failed my pressure test. There are very few listed that verify they HAVE been pressure tested. One I chuckled at said "it held water, last I heard"

I'm basically looking for a personal reference from someone that has dealt with a responsible supplier. They most all allow returns, but the shipping back and forth gets tedious, and pretty shortly I'm going to want to get this thing on the road!

I really want to stay away from a new one.....looks like that hits the warchest for around $400-$600.

Thanks for any ideas

·
Premium Member
2,722 Posts
Don't know how bad it is, but I've taken two radiators in for repair, both far larger that that of a goldwing, one cost $90, the other $130... that may be the better option here.

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
I got one for the 1200 off ebay, spent $40 for it to r&r'd. Total cost was $80.

I imagine you have already looked at ebay, though...

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
The good news is that the older wing radiators are repairable. Any decent radiator shop should be able to handle it.

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
I'll second the repair shops.
Nothing out of the ordinary to reseal a small radiator like that.
Go to your local small engine repair shop. Find out from him who does the radiators on their stuff.

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks gentlemen, I'll get down to Spokane and find a radiator shop. I did notice these things are brass, not aluminum or plastic, so I figured that might be worth checking out. I'll make some phone calls.

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.