Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Goldwingers, I've been a Member here for years, but haven't been here in a while, so I'm sort of new....tonite I rode home a 1990 GL1500 I bought this afternoon....and it's the first time I've ever driven a 1500.

I've owned 11's and 12's, always Standards or dressers I stripped before riding.

So tonite, in the cool (9 degrees Celcius) moonless Atlantic coast dark, I jumped on the "Road Sofa" for the first time to ride on a combination of ocean-side 60 km/hr twisties, 110km/hr divided highways, a harbour bridge, 80 km/hr connector roads and 50 km/hr suburban streets, a total of about 80 km to get home from the previous owner's house.

What an easy bike to ride!

I was always a bit "afraid" of the 1500...people say it's a whale...but it's actually a delight to ride.

However, try looking for the fuse box in the dark without an owners manual to find the burnt out headlight fuse! Ha! (grrr!)

Thank goodness for the iPhone, 4G networks...and Steve Saunders!

I knew where to look in moments, found the burnt fuse, put in a spare and was on my way.

So....hello again. :) Here's a bad cell phone pic of the Road Sofa taken in the dark...
http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums...n-albums-1990-gl1500-picture218-first-pic.jpg

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
61,633 Posts
Good for you and knowing technology to get that help.

And yes, the GL1500s are really great touring rides. Once up over 5 mph, they are a breeze to ride. and ever so comfortable.

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
Nice looking Wing Winston. I too came from a 1200 to the intimidating 1500. However I found the 1500 easier to drive and maneuver than the 1200........

They are the greatest Machine ever build........ Just shy of the Space Shuttle.

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
Welcome winston:waving:

·
Premium Member
73,557 Posts
Hallo Winston.

Welcome back on this nice forum. Wish you al the best.
And good luck with your Wing.

·
Premium Member
8,921 Posts
Welcome from Oklahoma ::) Enjoy the wing ::)

·
Premium Member
8,242 Posts
:waving:Greetings from N.Idaho and welcome to the Best Goldwing Forum on the internet. If used, this forum will supply you with great information and hours of simple entertainment.

That is a lot of windscreen !

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That is a lot of windscreen !
(chuckling)....yes, it's a very large piece of polycarbonate! I've never run a windshield on any bike, so it's a bit of a novelty!

Pretty much bone stock, virtually no aftermarket anything, which I like.

....except of course for that giant windshield, which at this time of year is a plus in Eastern Canada. (fall riding temps here are 5-10 degrees Celcius, 12-15 in the middle of the day if you get lucky)

She's a blast to ride, long legs, good in the curves, too.

·
Premium Member
68,164 Posts
WELCOME:waving::waving::waving:

·
Premium Member
28,832 Posts
Welcome, WelcomeTo Steve Saunders GoldwingForum.If you have any questions no matter how trivial they may seem this forum is the place to ask them. What I have noticed is that some of the people here were :15red:'sin their previous lives and can answer any question you have. Theforums that I get the most from are::

Goldwing Technical Forum

General Motorcycle Discussion Forum

These have the best info aboutGoldwing’s and are where you ask questions and can get help..

For Sale/Wanted ForumGood stuff for Sale or if you have old parts sitting around the garage you would like to get rid of....

:18red::15red::12red::11red:

And when all you need is a good laugh to start your day try the:: Fun Forum After that it’s up to you which of the others you will like the best all I can do is suggest.

Again Welcome to the Forum...

Oh and did I mention everyone here loves pictures.. Show us some of yours... Even if it’s not a Goldwing just a pretty view

·
Premium Member
14,148 Posts
:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

Hello from Virginia,

Welcome Aboard!!!!!

Glad to have you with us!

:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.