Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Magic Moderator
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Wow what a coincidence. Next month I go and start the process, I'll be 62 in December. I'm working right up until then. My current employer doesn't know of my plans and won't until the day I say goodbye. I do plan on a part time job somewhere but it'll be on my terms and I'm sure it won't be what I'm doing now. This is just too stressful and frustrating working with the government. I like the idea of dog walker...
Congrats.

Been fully retired since 2012, now turning 63 in a few days. Have been busy since then. Don't know how I worked and did everything else. Found that you need to have a reason to get up. I go for coffee at the local McDs in the morning. Seems this is universal all over, lots of seniors/retirees doing this. There's a McDs in Texas and the seniors play bingo every Tuesday morning - great outing first thing in the morning.

Have the GW to keep me active and engaged. When I get this one done, will have to get another.

Enjoy your retirement(s).

Cheers
Rebuilding Goldwings, now that's a good hobby and a fun one too.
Thank you.

·
Magic Moderator
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Got my letter today from Social Security and I get $513.00 :surprise: a month with my first one coming on 1-10-2018. What a way to start off the New Year. :jumper:

·
Magic Moderator
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I'm looking into senior housing that is based on income. I get food stamps and Medicaid, and the county has senior taxi service that is no cost. I fall way below the federal poverty level according to the senior housing chart at that level is $12,060.00. The county also offers commodity food to the seniors and I get that also. I can get S.S.I. when I turn 65 according to the website. But its worth looking into to see if they can help.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.