Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I've increased the size allowance for anyone wanting to upload images with their messages, from the current limit of 50kbs to the new limit of 100kbs (effective from this very minute). Increased server space for lower prices allows me to do this now. The width of the image still has to be 600 pixels max so as not to take up the whole window.
This should make it easier to get a decent picture in your messages. Avatar sizes and dimensions are unchanged.

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

Thats good news Steve. It can be hard getting decent detail into a 50kb image file. I'm not one for posting lots of images but its nice to know.

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

This is mainly for the benifit of redwing :walker:,who seems to have trouble seeing the screen ,never mind the pics..:):):):)...Ciaran

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
imported post

Hello Super WEB Master !

Thanks for that Steve ! As otherwrote it can be difficult to reduce pics to 50000 bytes. Especially when nice objects :p Sorry about that !

Regards
from Denmark !

Jan Jensen

Attachments

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

wexman wrote:
This is mainly for the benifit of redwing :walker:,who seems to have trouble seeing the screen ,never mind the pics..:):):):)...Ciaran
Hey when you get to my age you wont be able to see either. :cooldevil: Now have some respect for your elders. ! ! Now where is the screen or what is it.! " :gunhead:

:clapper: :18red: :clapper:

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
imported post

:) The real advantage to this will be when we need to specifically discuss or identify parts to help each other out.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
imported post

:( About the only thing I really hate about owning a Goldwing is the obsession to keep it clean, and when you get caught in the rain (or snow), the cleaning of all the little "nooks and crannies" takes most of a weekend.

Other than that, after 21 Hondas, this is the best yet!

(Incidentally, you won't find me in your neighbourhood until "The Big Dig" is just a distant memory)

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
imported post

Dean.. you mentioned the Big Dig... Are you from the Boston area?

All Gave Some,, Some Gave All

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
imported post

It doesn't matter how big a file size you allow Steve, there will still be load of people trying to upload images that are either too big or too wide simply because they just don't read themessage board guidelinesanyway.
The 100kbs is just right anyway. It's easy to get decent amoount of detail in that size and its easy to compress a large image file to under 100kbs, also the image will display on the monitors of people on snailband (most of us I think).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.