Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Did the 2002 usa speck come with a fitted immobiliser or would I need to fit an after market one.

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

Well you got me. What the heck is an immobilizer?? You talking about an emergency brake?

Kit

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

No mate its not an emergency brake,This is a fitted piece of kit that immobilises the bike when the key is removed,I think on the european models its called a hiss system,I have a key fob with buttons on but im unsure if this is just to allow for the locking of the trunk etc.If one is fitted it can reduce our insurance in the UK.
Dave

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Anti-theft system, disables the bike from starting. Either by disabling the ignition or the fuel system and sometimes both.

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

:DOk I got it now!! No they do not have one installed. It would have to be a self or dealer installed type thing.

Would they accept a simple toggle switch placed inside the trunk area, wired past the main fuse to the starter. Just turn it off, no one would be going anywhere with the bike. Cost would be about five bucks. A switch and some scrap wire, and a couple quick fit crimps.

Kit

The Key fob you have is just to lock the trunk and bags. Has no alarm feature.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

I think it has to be an approved item supported by a certificate of conformity,which is another way of making money.
Thanks for the info.
Safe riding
Dave

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.